Prologue

= "The pure white snow, so lovely, yet, so bone chilling" =

.

❄ -⭐- ❄

.

A landscape of pure white...

That's all what she sees as far as her eyes can get.

Her back against the soft, yet, very cold pile of snow, setting her sensations into a state of numbness. The fog of breath hovering above her face clearly states how cold it is.

She exhaled deeply, fighting the strong feeling of exhaustion taking over her body. Eyelids, feeling very heavy to keep them open, she blinked rapidly to atleast keep herself awake.

No.

Not now.

She can't die yet. Not right now.

With all of her willpower, she fought the sleepiness that has been trying to be dominant for the past few minutes. She laid still on the cold snowy ground before she mustered the strength to finally look to her side.

"Ah".

She let out a small slip of a word as her amethyst eyes settled on a small village in front of her. Tears had started to pool the corner of her eyes.

'That's right. Everyone was dead.'

.

.

.

'Except for me.'

At the bitter truth, she let her warm tears freely flow down her cheeks. The aching that she felt within her heart was more painful than the deep physical wound on her chest.

She swallowed hard, tasting the metallic flavor of her own blood in her mouth. Reminded of the fact that she have an injury and if not given attention, she would also die.

That's right, she's laying on the snow, tainting it's pure white color with her crimson blood. Just like a red rose in a full bloom.

'This might be better.'

Just as the thoughts were running through her mind, a rather strong breeze surged, making her close her eyes. The moment she opened them again, a lone figure was already standing just right beside her.

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

She couldn't make out who the person is because of her blurring vision. But she knew that it was someone she knows.

A small gasp escaped her parted lips when she felt a cold touch on her head from what she assumed was the person's hand.

It's so cold that you would doubt it belonged to a living person.

"It's not good to keep fighting your sleep when you're already too exhausted."

The smooth voice of the person said.

It was familiar.

Very familiar that she knew she had heard the voice in her daily life. But it looks like her memory was starting to fail her when she couldn't recognize the person.

"Don't worry. The moment you wake up, all your heartaches will disappear."

Finding assurance and comfort despite feeling cold, the girl completely closed her eyes, trusting the voice.

Never knowing that she will be living on a big lie...

.

.

"Rest well, Mizuki."