6: Take off that scent

= "I want only my trace to remain within you" =

.

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

.

The corner of Mizuki's lips curled into a smile after reading the message from Tanjiro that his crow had just delivered. She folded the paper that says that they should meet at Asakusa in Tokyo before putting it in her pocket. Her eyes looked at her crow resting on the top of her head.

Yes, for some unknown reason, her crow had started to like it there.

And it looks like there will be no mission for her so she decided that it was better to tag along with Tanjiro.

After she parted ways Genya, whom she relentlessly annoyed while they were together just like how she always did with his older brother, Mizuki continued on her way towards Asakusa to meet with her friends.

By the time she arrived at the lively city, it was already dark out. But Asakusa is still glittered with beautiful and colorful lights that decorated the buildings that stood tall in it's position.

There were people roaming around, but the mass of human in here is denser. This place is very different from the one she was used to, so she suffered a little bit of a culture shock as she glanced around in awe.

"I wonder where Tanjiro is..." She mumbled to herself as she weave her way through the crowd of people, following her crow that flew just above her, guiding her to the location of her burgundy haired friend.

As she was busy looking around, there was a commotion a few feet away from her. It seems like a commotion is a common thing in everywhere she goes. Is it a trend? Her brow arched. She really have no problems with it, as long as it didn't involve her directly and was not something dangerous but then, she heard a piercing scream.

Frowning, Mizuki hurried her way only to bump in a man carrying a child. And that's when she felt a chill that barraged her body. She stood frozen in place, staring at the plum red eyes that also went wide when it saw her. A gasp escaped her lips as she shuddered in an unexplainable fear.

The one standing in front of her is a demon.

A demon very different from the rest that she had met and slained. This one screams danger to any other demon hunter nearby.

And in his hold is an innocent human child. She also saw a woman clinging into his arm, this person is also a human. Mizuki couldn't believe what she was seeing. How come, a demon like him, have a family with a human? They even have a child!

Is he trying to blend in the human society?!

A throbbing sensation was suddenly felt in her chest, particularly, her heart. Why does it suddenly hurt this much? Grunting, Mizuki put a hand on her chest as she tried to tolerate the intense pain.

The human wife of the demon was worried when she saw her slightly hunch over in pain.

"Hey, young miss. Are you alright?" The wife asked with a concerned voice. She stepped closer and put a hand on her back in an attempt to help her. Mizuki nodded her head, biting her lower lip, signalling her hand that she can stand on her own.