15: No way to forget

= "I want to fall deeper... day by day..." =

.

❄ - ⭐ - ❄

.

Roughly five and a half hours before the incident...

---

"Is this everything that we needed to buy?" Mizuki asked as she rummaged inside the basket she was holding, checking if they had forgotten to buy anything that is written on their list.

"I believe so."

Aoi answered from beside her, checking the piece of paper in her hand. "Ah, wait. We forgot to buy some sugar." She said, stopping her companion from moving by taking ahold of her shoulder.

Mizuki nodded her head before following after her friend.

Currently, she and Aoi had gone last minute shopping because the latter had noticed that they're missing some ingredients for tomorrow's breakfast. Aoi didn't want to ask the kakushis for this kind of errands because she wanted to be the one choosing the ingredients. So instead, she had asked Mizuki to come with her.

The nearby town is only a five to ten minute trip so it won't be really a problem for them to go even if it's already dark outside.

The two girls had approached a small stall.

"Sir, can I have six kilograms of sugar?" Aoi had asked.

Just where would she use that big amount of sugar?

Mizuki could only stare at the girl beside her. After buying the sugar, they had checked their list one more time. After making sure that they had gotten all of their needed products, they had finally decided to return home. Well, not until Aoi had decided to buy some fluffy looking bread that is being sold nearby.

"Hmm? Isn't that a sword on your waist, young miss?" A police officer suddenly inquired from her side. The said man was also there to buy the fluffy breads. But when he saw the weapon attached on the girl's waist, he just had to ask. "Carrying weapons around is forbidden."

"This is just a toy."

Mizuki said innocently, tapping her hand on the handle of her sword. She even gave him a smile while tilting her head to have more effect on him. "I am a part of a performing group. And I am playing as a swordswoman. I know that carrying weapons are forbidden. So why would I even carry one?"

Aoi could only praise Mizuki in her mind at how she could blatantly lie easily as if she was just breathing. Thankfully, the man had bought her lie and didn't inquire further. He even asked what kind of play Mizuki is performing. And the girl even told him a short synopsis that she had think of on the spot.

Such a healthy brain she have.

After buying the bread, Mizuki cheerfully waved and bid her goodbye to the police officer. Aoi had to stifle her laugh, because the moment the girl turned around, the smile immediately left her face and an expression of exhaustion had taken over her blank face.

"That man is so talkative." She deadpanned, releasing a short sigh. "I need to refuel." Taking one of the breads that they bought, Mizuki let out a satisfied huff upon feeling the tasty fluffiness inside her mouth.