XIII

Thank you all for 15K OMG LIKE WHAT I JUST THANKED YOU ALL FOR 10K LAST WEEK!

Also, I deeply apologize for so many time skips in this chapter, but I wanted to get to the good part and I know you guys don't care about his daily work routine. I know I hate writing it, but it's necessary.

Zak woke before the sun rose, which was a rare occurrence for him. He usually woke up because the sun was in his face.

Today was different, Zak couldn't wait to get to work. He hoped the day would go quickly because he wanted to see Darryl.

He jumped out of bed and quickly got dressed, putting on a blue long-sleeved shirt and a pair of black joggers. Lately, Zak noticed he really loved the color blue.

Once he was ready, he skipped down the hall to the kitchen, where his mom was making breakfast.

She heard him coming and she turned around, giving him a confused look.

"What's got you so happy, sweetie?" She asked while a smile. She turned back around, putting her attention on the pancakes she was making.

"Oh, nothing. I just have a date tonight, that's all." He spoke casually, knowing he would get a reaction out of her, and he was right. She turned on her heel, looking at him in shock.

"A date? With who?" She got louder, but she seemed excited for him. Zak smiled, looking at his mom.

"Darryl."

His mother's face twisted back into a look of confusion. She turned off the stove and took the last of the pancakes out of the pan, putting them on a plate with the rest of the stack. "Zak, I thought he was avoiding you."

Zak smiled bigger, sitting down at the dining table. "He came into the shop last night and we talked. I was home later than normal, I figured you didn't notice. We went to a diner and he told me why he ran away, and why he pretended he didn't know me the other day. We made up and he walked me home." He then looked away from his mom. "I'm also going to his place tonight."

Even though he said it quietly, she heard it. She moved to the table and sat across from him. Reaching out, she put her hand on top of his. "Are you sure that's a good idea? You really barely know him, sweetie."

"I know, but he's my soulmate." She sighed, putting her hand on her son's cheek.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again, Zak." She spoke softly, patting his cheek when she was done. Then, she stood up and grabbed the pancakes. "But I won't stop you, you're an adult. You can make your own decisions."

Zak sighed in relief, he really didn't want her to stop him from going to see Darryl. Then, he had an idea. "So it's okay if I spend the night there?"

"As much as I hate the idea, sure," She set a plate of pancakes in front of Zak. "But if you need anything, and I mean anything, I'll have my phone near me. Just give me a call."

"What would I need?" He questioned, taking a large bite of his food.

"I don't know. A ride home, a change of clothes, a condom, some food." She joked, adding in the third one on purpose.

"Mom! No!" Zak yelled. "Too far, mom. Too far."

She laughed, winking at him. "Sorry, I felt it was necessary."

After that, they ate breakfast and chatted about Darryl. His mother could tell Zak really liked the older boy, but she was worried he was getting attached too quickly. She didn't say anything, though. She didn't want to hurt her son's feelings.

Soon, Zak needed to head out to get to work on time. He kissed his mother's cheek as he passed her, thanking her for listening to him.

"I'll see you tomorrow, mom!" He called out from the front door as he slid his shoes on. She yelled back a farewell, and out the door he went.