Epilogue

"Hurry up, we're gonna be late!" The raven haired boy called out across the apartment as he rushed to slide on his shoes.

From the bathroom, a voice called back. "I'm just finishing up my hair, give me a second!"

The boy smiled, shaking his head in adoration. He finished putting his shoes on, then pulled out his phone to check the time. Once he checked, he was even more panicked.

"Darryl, we have 10 minutes until we're late. Hurry up!" He yelled out again, earning a panicked screech in response.

Darryl came running out of the bathroom, his green flannel shirt unbuttoned and flowing around him. He grabbed his shoes and slid them on while his boyfriend buttoned his shirt for him.

"You look handsome, little muffin." Darryl smiled down at him, earning a peck on the lips.

Once they were both ready, they made their way out of the apartment. Hands clasped firmly in one another's, they walked the few blocks to the restaurant they were meeting their friend.

Well, Zak's friend.

Vincent hadn't taken the news very well a few weeks ago when he heard Zak forgave Darryl instantly, causing him to hold a grudge against the green eyed man. Still, he wanted them both to meet his boyfriend. Apparently, he had a surprise for both of them.

Soon, they arrived at the small bistro Vincent had requested they meet him at. Darryl opened the door for Zak, trailing behind once he entered the building. Zak spoke to the hostess at the front, saying he was here on a reservation. Once she found the table number, she guided the couple toward the back of the dining area, to a small alcove where there were only a few tables. It was much more private than the rest of the dining area.

Sitting at the table were two men, one who Darryl assumed to be Vincent since he looked familiar, and one neither boy recognized.

Looking up from their conversation, Vincent smiled at the two. "Finally! You're late, sit down."

Zak blushed, sitting down across from Vincent and his boyfriend. Darryl took a seat next to his own boyfriend, scooting his chair close to Zak's.

Vincent gestured to the man next to him, who looked to be around Zak's age.

[A/N: This book was finished over a year and a half ago and I don't support A6d, PLEASE stop commenting about DNF. There are over 100 comments on this line about Dreamnotfound, and I've commented back to so many already. Please, read comments before you comment the same thing 100 other people already have.]

"You two, I'd like you to meet Clay. My soulmate."

Clay raised a hand and waved slightly at the two, uttering a light hello. Zak and Darryl both returned the gesture, Zak more enthusiastic than his boyfriend.

"Actually, I'd like to correct that. I'm his fiancé."

Zak gasped, louder than he meant to. The table earned looks from those around it, not that he cared much. "Oh my gosh, congratulations! Vin, why didn't you tell me?"

Vincent blushed at Clay's words, holding out his hand to show the small silver band wrapped around his finger. "I wanted to surprise you."

"Congratulations, you two." Darryl spoke up, flashing the couple a bright smile. Zak grabbed Darryl's hand under the table, squeezing it lightly. His boyfriend looked over at him, giving him a small smile in return.

Just as Zak was going to ask about details, the waiter came over to take their orders. Zak ordered a large steak meal while Darryl stuck with pasta. Both Vincent and Clay ordered similarly, Clay ordering a larger meal than his fiancé.

They all made conversation with each other, and Zak noticed that Darryl and Clay seemed to get along very well. They both had a lot in common, and he was glad. He was originally worried that Darryl would feel left out since Vincent wasn't the biggest fan of him.

Soon, Clay announced he needed to head out to work, so Vincent said he would take him. They all split the bill and walked out together.

Bidding the other couple goodbye, Zak and Darryl decided they would spend the day walking around the park. They went the opposite way they came, making a trip further into the city.

The park was filled with color as the leaves had begun changing from vibrant greens to the warm oranges and yellow of fall. As they cascaded down from their original home in the tall branches, children made piles to jump into. The paths were covered in the warm tones, causing crunching sounds under the couples feet as they walked hand-in-hand. Together, the admired the autumn atmosphere.

A child ran in front of them along the path, causing Zak to trip slightly. Quickly, Darryl pulled him back by the hand so he wouldn't fall.

"Thank you," Zak smiled, cuddling into his boyfriend's side.

Darryl smiled down at him, kissing the top of his head. "Anytime, little muffin."

They made their way to a bench, sitting side by side on the worn wood. Zak leaned his head on Darryl's shoulder, who then wrapped his arm around the dark haired boy. They sat in silence for a while, watching children run about and play in the leaves, families walking together and people running with their dogs.

"I love fall." Zak spoke softly, breaking the silence. Darryl looked down at him, pulling him closer. "I never knew what it really looked like until I met you. Now, I really love fall."

Darryl kissed the top of Zak's head once more, earning a giggle from the dark haired boy. "I love it too, little muffin."

"You know what else I love?"

"Hmm?"

Zak looked up at Darryl, leaning his forehead against his.

"You."

Darryl broke into a big grin.

"I love you too."

End.

I want to thank you all for continuing to read this story and sticking with me. I know I left for a little while, but I think that was what I really needed in order to finish this story properly. Originally, I had planned a few more chapters, but after what I wrote last chapter, I felt it was a proper ending and all I needed was to give Vincent his little story too. Thus, this epilogue was born.

I always intended on ending this story the way it did, with cheesy I love you's, because that was the intention of this soulmate plot. I never wanted to create angst and agony for both Zak and Darryl, and I felt the way I wrote them that they deserved a happy ever after.

That being said, there will be one more chapter. A bonus chapter, if you will. It'll be a surprise, but I'll give you a little hint. (Dream6d)

Once again, thank you to each and every one of you who voted, commented, or even just read a single chapter. I never expected to hit 1K, let alone 33K reads on this little story.

Keep an eye out for the bonus chapter, as well as a new story I'll be writing. It won't be Skephalo or any ship, just the good 'ol trio.

Until next time,

Skepperonipizza, AKA Payton.