XIV

I FORGOT TO WRITE THIS ON THE LAST CHAPTER BUT I PROMISED ID DO IT CUZ ITS SO GOOD SO GO READ "Metanoia" by acidhalo  PLEASE ID APPRECIATE IT. Also, new cover. I found the rainbow on google and it fit so perfectly.

Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life. -Richard Bach

Zak's mom always told him that finding his soulmate would change his life in many ways. The biggest one being that he'd be able to see colors.

As he sat, cuddled up next to his own soulmate, he realized she was right. Since he met Darryl, everything seemed brighter and more beautiful. The world around him seemed much more exciting and intriguing. He wanted to explore and see everything in colors that he couldn't before. Now, he wanted to do that with the man that was beside him.

He never truly felt like he was living until now. Sure, he was alive but he wasn't living. He didn't feel these emotions that he felt now. He never had thoughts about someone else in his head. He was never nervous to touch someone like he is now.

Zak felt so many emotions he never knew were possible. He felt adoration, happiness, nervousness and more.

He looked over at the older boy who was still completely enthralled in the movie they were watching. It had been a few minutes since their kiss, and Zak couldn't get his mind off of it. He had snuggled up beside Darryl, pulling the green eyed man's arm around his body so he could get more comfortable.

As he stared up at Darryl, he noticed a few things about him. His eyelashes were extremely long and brushed against his cheeks when he blinked. He had tiny freckles along his nose and under his eyes, which were so light they almost didn't exist. When he laughed or smiled at the movie, Zak could see he had a small gap between his two front teeth. He thought it was really cute.

He also noticed Darryl liked to tap his fingers a lot. As they sat and watched the movie, he had his hand resting on his thigh, tapping softly.

Once Zak noticed it, he couldn't stop hearing it and decided it was getting annoying. To stop him, he reached over and took Darryl's hand in his own, bringing it up to his lips and placing a soft kiss.

Darryl looked down at Zak and smiled, giving the younger boy a peck on his forehead before turning back to the movie. He let Zak keep his hand.

They had finished the bowl of popcorn long ago, and since Zak wasn't too interested in the current movie, he decided he would go and make another bag. He moved out from under Darryl's arm and stood up, causing the older boy to ask where he was going.

Zak motioned to the kitchen and Darryl nodded, telling him the popcorn was in the top cabinet in the corner. The  younger boy made his way to the kitchen and opened the cabinet Darryl mentioned. He grabbed a bag of popcorn and stuck it in the microwave.

"Make sure you don't burn it." Darryl called out to him, his eyes still fixated on the television.

Zak rolled his eyes before responding, "I won't, mother." He heard Darryl laugh, causing him to smile. He couldn't help but sit and admire the man while he watched the movie.

Soon, Zak turned around to get the popcorn and he smelt it. He burned it.

Sighing, he opened the bag and hoped Darryl wouldn't smell it. He poured it into the bowl they had used earlier and made his way back to Darryl.

"Oh my goodness, Zak, you burned it!" He heard the man groan, but he didn't sound angry. To Zak, he sounded like he was joking.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't keep my eyes off of you." He blushed as he set the popcorn bowl down on the coffee table. He snuggled back into Darryl's arm and rested his head on the man's shoulder.

"I forgive you, only because I was the distraction." He placed another kiss on Zak's forehead, pulling him close.

Together, they watched another movie and dozed off.

___________

Zak woke up with a pressure on his shoulder. He opened his eyes slowly, bringing his hand up to rub them sleepily. He looked around and noticed Darryl had fallen asleep on his shoulder, his arms wrapped uncomfortably around Zak.

He brought his hand up and pulled Darryl's heavy head away from his body, moving him to a more comfortable position. Darryl's arms tightened around him, causing Zak to groan quietly in frustration.

He slid out of Darryl's arms and laid the man's head on his chest, sliding his feet up next to him so Darryl was laying alongside himself.

Zak tried to fall back asleep, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't. He ran a hand through Darryl's hair, smiling when the older man sighed in his sleep.

He pulled off Darryl's glasses and set them on the coffee table so they wouldn't break. He then grabbed his phone from the table and texted Vincent, wondering if he was awake.

Zak 1:05 am:
Hey, r u awake?

He got a reply almost instantly.

Vin 1:05 am:
Yea, why? Whts up

Zak 1:06 am:
I'm at Darryl's rn nd he's asleep on me

When he typed that, he smiled and looked down at the sleeping man. He ran another hand through Darryl's hair and kept it there, typing with one hand.

Vin 1:06 am:
Shouldn't u b at home

Zak 1:07 am:
My mom said I could stay the night

Vin 1:07 am:
U didn't do anything, right?

Zak laughed and caught himself when Darryl stirred, holding his hand over his mouth to silence his laughter.

Zak 1:08 am:
No of course not! maybe a kiss or 2...

Vin 1:09 am:
I KNEW IT lol use protection

Zak 1:10 am:
Dude no my mom said that 2

Vincent didn't reply right away after that, and Zak dozed off again.

__________

Darryl's POV

When Darryl woke up, it was still dark outside. He opened his eyes and saw the television screen was on the movie's menu. He looked around, feeling a soft pillow under his head that he didn't remember falling asleep on.

When he looked behind him, he noticed that pillow was actually Zak's chest. Darryl could feel himself blush before he sat up, pulling his head off of Zak's chest.

He rubbed his eyes and swung his feet off the couch onto the floor. Standing up, he checked the time. Darryl's eyes widened when he saw the clock on the wall indicating it was 3:27 am.

Darryl gasped, looking back at Zak. He felt bad, but he needed to wake up.

Softly, he put his hand on Zak's shoulder and shook. "Zak, wake up." He called out, and Zak's eyes groggily opened.

"What? What time is it?" He grumbled, turning onto his side to look at Darryl.

"It's 3:30, we need to get you home or your mom is going to kill me. I'd like to keep my life, thank you."

Zak chuckled sleepily, pulling Darryl back to him. Darryl's breath hitched, losing his footing. He fell onto the couch on top of Zak, who was holding his hostage around his neck. "My mom said I could spend the night, you muffin." He said smugly.

"She wha- hey that's my word!"

"You heard me, I can stay. So go back to sleep." Zak put his hand through Darryl's hair, and that was all it took for the older boy to fall back into a deep sleep on top of Zak.

Sorry this is so short and pretty much just a filler, the next chapter will be full of cute fluffy, mushy stuff