Chapter One: Finding Victims

Lovette clenched her teeth and took a deep breath before straightening her posture. This was it. The entrance exam to U.A. High.

    That one will do as well, he looks like...hmm. Her silver-blue eyes darted up and down her poor victim's frame, taking note of his athletic build and light blue hair. Something to do with water, probably. She inched closer to see over his shoulder, and a slight smirk creeped across her face, showing off sharp, canine-like teeth.

      Indeed, her guess was correct. Crystal clear water danced between his palms in the form of--something inappropriate. Boys. Lovette rolled her eyes and continued evaluating the examinees, her fluffy white wolf ears swiveling and twitching frantically to gather bits of floating information.

      "You have TEN MINUTES!" Present Mic's voice blared through the speakers that he didn't actually need, making her hands reflexively cover her sensitive ears. "Starting...NOW. GO! GET BIZZAAAY!"

      A shiver ran down her spine as the breeze whipped stray hairs from her braid into her face. The examinees scattered almost instantaneously, some barreling head-first into the robots while others were more hesitant. Water-boy, in particular, had run off somewhere with fewer people--a wise strategy for people who liked going solo.

      For her, though, it was a different scenario. Lovette bolted forwards, grabbing the arm of the victim nearest to her--a small, dark-haired girl with cute pudge softening her features.

      "Can I borrow you for a second?" Lovette asked, tugging at the girl's arm.

      The short girl snapped her head around, dark eyes wide and confused. "I--guess so? What-what is it?"

      "Good. I am so sorry about this." Before the girl could respond, Lovette bent down and sunk sharp teeth into the soft flesh, activating her special salivary glands.

      The girl shrieked and whipped her arm from Lovette's jaws, eyes filling with tears as she rubbed the bleeding bite wound. "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!"

      Lovette backed off quickly, as she had learned to do. Heads jolted towards them, but were quickly turned away by a deafening crash, signaling the appearance of a two-point robot from an alleyway.

      "Stay calm," she comforted, standing up to her full height, "It'll only be a few minutes. I would suggest running some laps, though." Lovette nodded emphatically and turned on her heels, calmly approaching her next target--a tall, athletic boy with blonde hair.

      "Can I borrow you for a second?" She asked, smiling at him and placing a hand on his arm.

      "Wha--?" He gave her a sneer, inching away from her. "What do you need?"

      "I just need your help with something," she insisted, pulling out a slight pout and puppy-dog eyes.

      His hand raised to the back of his neck, and his eyes squinted as he peered at her. "I...guess so?"

      A mischievous twinkle sparked in her eyes for a second as she again reached for his arm, raising it quickly and biting into it like one would into a sandwich.

      "OW!" He yanked it back and she licked her teeth, wishing people wouldn't do that. It hurt her poor canines.

      "Like I said," she winked, "running laps is a good idea. That gets it over quicker!"

      He looked at her with disgust and backed off slowly, his hand clenching the bite wound on his bicep.

      The only signs of examinees by now were occasional victory shouts after a robot crashed to the ground in defeat. Wreckage was strewn about everywhere, most of it hardly identifiable as a former working machine. Glass was broken in the mock shop windows due to a shock-related quirk.

      Lovette gave the poor guy a thumbs-up sign and a mischievous grin before jogging quickly back to the first girl she had bitten. She lay in the fetal position on the hot asphalt, whimpering pitifully with her short, jet-black hair no longer perfectly styled, but instead disheveled and sticking to her face.

      "What...did you do to me?" She groaned weakly. Lovette knelt down and patted her side comfortingly, wiping a strand out of the girl's face.

      "My quirk's a weird one, I will admit," Lovette sighed, biting her lip. "I'll break it to you easy--you're going to transform into a wolf."

      "WHAT NOW?!" The guy she'd just bitten shouted, his voice slightly shaky as he uttered a low groan and his knees hit the asphalt.

      "Yeah, sorry!" Lovette shrugged, her lips tightened as she twirled the end of her braid around her finger, "It's not the most people-friendly quirk, I'll admit. But! I've gotta pass this test to get into this school. So, you lucky people get to help me do it!" A borderline evil grin lit up her face as she clapped her hands together once and let them fall to her side. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you get your clothes back."