Chapter Three: The Aftermath

Lovette stood up straight with a sharp exhale, towering over the mess of fur lying beneath her. He was panting in an effort to get breath into his lungs. "You better now?" She asked, running her hand over her braid. "The little cuts are all gone now"

     There was a moment of silence as he opened his eyes and swiveled them to gaze up at her. His clothes were still clung around his body, though quite snug.

     "C'mon, say something," she urged. "Are you okay?"

     "Yes, I'm fine." He made an effort to stand, but had to take longer than she would have liked him to.

     "Good, good. Can you walk?"

     He gave her a glare and took a deep breath. "I'm getting to it. Be patient."

     She poked her head out of the alley way, watching the huge robot rumble down the street after any wannabe heroes that caught its gaze. She, however, wasn't looking for the robot.

     A shred of pink caught her eyes. "Be right back!" She said, not looking back as she darted across the street. Her hands wrapped around her precious messenger bag, undoing the latch and pulling out two pairs of clothes, each belonging to the students she'd transformed earlier. They'd probably want those back soon.

     Lovette clung them close to her chest and wrapped the strap of her bag around her shoulder. She walked quickly back, figuring that time would run out at any second.

     "Use your water too much or something?" She asked, motioning with her head towards the front gate, signaling him to follow her.

     "And that's it, folks! Your time is up!" Present Mic's voice screeched, making her cringe slightly.

     She started walking towards the exit at a relaxed pace, water-boy following silently behind. He had a hard time walking because of the cargo shorts that he refused to take off. No response was given to anything she asked, as if he was angry at her. Actually, he almost definitely was angry at her. Almost everyone was angry about being turned into a wolf, except her sister who thought it was absolutely hilarious to prank people on the street. But that was another thought for another time.

     Seriously though, wolves were frickin' awesome. The borderline mind control might not be, at least to anyone that wasn't her. But---wolves! Everyone loves wolves. Well, most people. Some people. Lovette sighed, not really able to justify her quirk.

     "How long does this take to wear off?" He finally muttered, head lowered and eyes not leaving their spot on the exit straight ahead.

     Lovette shrugged. "I dunno. Usually about twenty minutes."

     "I'm sorry, you said twenty?" He asked, ears pinned back.

     She nodded. "Yeah. Sometimes shorter, sometimes longer."

     A sigh was the only reply.

     She not done that great in this test, she admitted to herself. Would she have done better if she hadn't dragged other people into it? But that was one of the main facets of her quirk. It was just so inconvenient to go back and forth between forms, even if she didn't have to change her clothes every time.

     She bit her lip suddenly, remembering something that Present Mic had said earlier. There was to be no attacking other students.

     Her stomach sunk to her toes and her hand grazed her forehead as she groaned in realization. Could they kick her out for that? She technically hadn't downed any robots without the help of the girl and boy.