Hide and Seek Gone Wrong

(Y/n) is a six year old. She has (h/l)
(h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, (s/c) skin, and is very short for her age. She is an only child with a single mother. Her father is unknown. Her mother works full time at a bar so (y/n) is constantly being babysitter by different people.

       I know this is mean to say, but I really don't trust this babysitter,  Mercy. She makes me feel nervous. But she is Mommy's friend so I have to get along with her and be nice.

     Today the babysitter took me to her house. It was huge! It was two stories tall. Mercy took me inside and showed me all the rooms. There was a lot of stuff. As always she was unusually sweet. This probably isn't odd, but Mercy is actually a really mean person. Mommy told me so.

     Mercy gets into fights, steals, and is just rude in general. Even to mommy sometimes. But she is never rude to me. She always gives me anything I want. Not that I ask for stuff.

     We were watching the TV when the power suddenly went out. It was storming, so it was expected. I liked when the power when out though. It made everything seem different.

    Mercy looked at me then grinned. "Hey (y/n). Wanna play hide and seek?"

    I jumped up and down with excitement. Hide and seek in the dark was my favorite game! Mercy chuckled at my reaction. "Okay kid. I'll count to... Thirty. You go hide!"

    She started counting as I ran. I ran down the left halway loudly before backtracking quickly and tiptoeing down the right hallway. I then went upstairs and to the last door in the hallway. The bathroom.

      Closing the door as quickly as possible, I scrambled onto the counter and hid in the very top shelf. You wouldnt think a six year old could get up here. It was also slightly too high up for Mercy to reach. Perfect for me.

    I could hear the muffled counting from below. "... twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty! Here I come!" I hear Mercy go down the left hallway, following my decoy route. I put a hand to my face to hide my giggles.

     It has been ten minutes and Mercy still hadn't found me. She hadn't even went upstairs yet. But she was coming close. Her light footsteps approached the stairs. I frowned. There was a second step of heavier footsteps. I doubt Mercy hear them though. They were rather quite as if the person didn't want to be heard.

     I heard almost every door on the second floor open and close as Mercy narrowed in on the bathroom. I held my breath as the door nob rattled.

    But instead of opening the door, I heard a thump and something hit the floor. I grew worried. Mercy didn't come into the bathroom. I didn't hear her footsteps either. But I did hear the other footsteps. Right in front of the door.

     In a rush. I emerged from my hiding spot and jumped to the floor. I tried to land as quietly as possible. I tiptoed to the door, attempting to lock it. But as a reached for the handle, it opened.