Child

I awoke just as we started approaching a giant cabin. I could hear voices inside. Jack looked down at me. I studied his mask. It was dark blue with some black goo coming out of the eye holes. I somehow doubted he was human. I turned my attention to the cabin.

       Jack put me down but still held onto me in case I tried to run. I was tempted, but I was more curious about what was inside the cabin. Jack whispered to the other and, whom I now knew as Jeff, "shit, how are we gonna get her to slender without anyone noticing?"

    Jeff thought for a moment but came up empty handed. I sighed then proceeded to crawl onto Jeff's back. I took off the hoodie and placed it over both of us. I scrunched my small body up so I looked like the bump in the hood.

    Jack and Jeff stared at me in awe. "this kid is smart as hell. " Jack commented.

     Then they both walked inside. I didn't get to see what was inside because I was buried in the hood. But before I knew it Jack picked me up. I took the hoodie with me, much to Jeff's displeasure.

     I was sat on the floor once more. Jeff and Jack were talking with someone who was on the other side of a tall desk. My height kept me from seeing who. I tried jumping but was still too short.

      I soon grew frustrated and sat on the floor with a huff. But I heard Jack chuckle and then I was picked up and placed on his shoulders. My irritated frown turned into a smile then into a curios expression.

    The man they where talking to studied me. At least I think he did. He didn't really have a face...

     I openly stared at him. The conversation started back up again put I didn't stop staring at the faceless man. He kept 'looking' in my direction occasionally as if my blank stare annoyed him.

     "Can someone distract that child before she stares a hole in me?" The faceless man huffed. I glanced at Jeff.

     He sighed then took me from Jack. We sat in the corner of the room. I stared at Jeff as he awkwardly sat there. It was pretty obvious that he had no idea how to distract a six year old.

      "Uhm hi" He said. I stared at him. I liked making people uncomfortable. There reactions were always funny.  Jeff took a rather bloody knife out as he fiddled with it.

     My eyes immediately watched it with interest. He seemed to notice, and moved it around to see if my eyes followed it. They did. He soon held the knife out to me.

    I took is and studied it, moving it to various angles. I looked around, and saw a stray piece of blank paper on the floor. Grabbing it, I ripped a corner off and pressed it against the blade. The knife sliced through it with ease.

      Jeff chuckled at my amused expression. I decided to pretend to think about the knife, but i instead listen to Jack and The faceless man talk.

   " -what exactly do we to with her?she's only like, six. " Jack said.

The faceless man replied, "Well, she isn't really useful. Mostly a mother because she is too young to be of and use... "

"So what do we do?" Jack clearly didn't like were this conversation was going.

     "well, it would be wise to... Kill her. "

    With that I stopped listening and darted around the desk. I was fueled with anger and sadness. I did not want to die!

     I raised the knife and stabbed the faceless man in the leg before taking the knife out and running behind Jack.

     The faceless man screamed and jumped up. His 'face' contorted into a pissed of expression. He swiftly walked around his desk then grew tentacles. One of his tentacles wrapped around my waist and picked me up.

    He brought me close to where his face should be and glared at me. I glared back. I practically hissed, "Only I decided when I die, you stupid talking tree!"

     His expression showed shock. Then he put me down and looked at me. "there is actually hope for this child. This odd child... " he muttered the last part under his breath.