Days of despair

It all began after the devastating World War III which took place in 2180. The war took place in almost all the countries of the world over the question of weapon development. Well, the main battle occurred among United States of America, Russia and Japan. However, the war didn't last for long and there was no victor. It only brought about total destruction within the world along with serious atmospheric degradation.

Uncountable people had been killed. And, many more were seriously injured.

After the heat of the war, the world started a steady recovery. The misuse of scientific technology became crystal clear to the surviving population. After passing the harsh time of the war, they started to live hard lives scavenging from the remains.

Time went on and steadily, they grew in number and started to live in villages which were constantly built. But, the number of migrants grew in United States because of the comfortable status of the country even after the war. As a result, the villages grew larger and many started to have their own unusual names according to their origins and got introduced in the world map.

The hard yet peaceful days didn't last for long as it didn't need so much time to increase the crime rate in the world once again due to food shortage and other insufficiencies. The innocent people started to suffer more as criminals started to create their own evil organizations. They raided hundreds of villages, each time aiming to loot and torture. At some point, it started to get out of hand and the world leaders finally sought a solution.

They recreated forces which existed before the war in different countries such as FBI, CIA and so on and also established new ones. They were indeed successful in reducing the crime rate. But, they couldn't stop only one criminal organization completely. And, the name of the organization was ' Red Fang.'

The ' Red Fang ' always managed to slip away after committing crimes. They raided villages, killed and tortured thousands. Years went by...and they kept on doing their evil deeds. But, their intentions had still been unclear. Until, one day...

At the crime scene, they clearly stated that their main goal was to ' Take over the world '.

August, 2195

Some criminals of Red Fang just had finished destroying a village which consisted of the people migrating from Japan. Some managed to flee. But, those who couldn't was killed on spot. Well, except for one. Her name was Mayuko. Seeing ocean of fire and blood around her, perhaps she wanted to be killed as well as it was her first to experience such a terrible event.
‌But, for some reason, she was kept alive and was held captive by the criminals. She had no way of knowing as to why it happened. She was looking into the pool of darkness.

‌Several days had already passed. She was brutally tied up to a burnt but strong tree in the ruined village with steel chain without being fed. So, she grew weaker and barely had enough strength to remain alive. But, though she should have been grateful just to be alive, she completely lost her will to live. The 12 years old girl who looked like a 5 years old child lost the will to struggle.

‌One another exhausting day, Mayuko was stuck at her usual spot. Under the heat of sun, she was thinking about her dead family and friends. She could hear their screams in her head. She could hear the spewing of blood around her. While thinking about all those things, suddenly, a woman with curly brown hair visited her. Feeling a sudden shadow approaching her, she slowly looked up and stared at her.

"What do you want from me?" She asked her as the curly haired woman looked into her eyes.

She did not answer her question, however. Quietly, she untied the chain and dragged her to an empty ruined house. While doing so, Mayuko didn't struggle as she didn't have the strength. But, even if she did so, she wouldn't have.

It was dim lighted inside the house. When they entered, Mayuko tried to look hard around her as she was unable to make out the surroundings at first glance. After adjusting, she was scared at first when she understood how grim the room was. It was red blooded, alright. Additionally, there were various types of torture equipments. She recognized some of them. The rest...remained there like strangers. The curly haired woman tossed her on a bed commonly used at hospitals and tied her up again. After that, she took a few steps back and glared.

"It's because you are needed." She suddenly said.

Mayuko got terrified. She knew that it wouldn't end well. At last, she struggled only a little bit with the remaining strength she had. But, it was of no use.

After a while, another person entered the house. He was wearing a black hooded cloak covering his whole body. From his utter dark appearance, Mayuko could clearly see the glowing yellow eyes, approaching her. She could not help but get frightened. She had never seen such eyes before. Eyes overflowing with greed. He came to her and put a strong tape on her mouth as she looked at him with eyes full of fear.

What happened after that in that house was so grim that Mayuko was never able to forget about it for the rest of her life. She would often wonder how it would have turned out... if she had lived in another village, if she had led a normal life like any other. She would only wonder and dream even if it meant being delusional.

The yellow-eyed black-hooded-cloaked man started to torture her rigorously.
‌Eventually he began to tear apart her internal organs while keeping her
conscious using strong drugs. Blood splattered here and there. Mayuko could not check how loudly she screamed and cried despite having no strength at all. At some point, she lost too much blood and fainted. Perhaps it was like a temporary salvation from pain to her. But, there were more to come. She had no way of knowing what was waiting for her.

The curly haired woman had been standing there all those time, watching Mayuko being tortured. After she had passed out, the woman finally moved to make necessary arrangements.

"Did I go too far, Kyoko?" The cloaked man said.

"No, you did just enough. All we need to do now is to stop the bleeding and send her to Ms. Yonaka. And our work will be done." Said the woman who was referred to as Kyoko.

"As you wish."

And, with that... Mayuko's days of despair began.