Yonake, the terrible

There was, indeed a very good reason why Joker, Laughter or none of the killers of the organization chased after Mayuko and Chino. However, Joker was really pissed off at her as she didn't follow his order after all those time. As for Laughter, she was not sure how she'd interpret the whole situation. She , of course knew that there was a chance that Mayuko might try to escape. But, she never thought that she'd do it over protecting someone else.

It was raining quite heavily. The engulfing flames throughout the village died out and left a black scene all around. The stench of burnt flesh of the killed villagers started to scatter along with the rain.

Joker contacted Yonaka soon afterwards regarding Mayuko and the little kid's disappearance. Yonaka, on the other hand, saw it coming. She had already made arrangements for that.

"Come back for now. No need to look for her for the time being," she said with an air of dominance.

All of them got startled at that order. It took quite some time to reach that place. And, surely, Mayuko and the other girl were somewhere around the village. If they delayed the capture, they might run further away, making it harder for the organization. However, they were in no position to portray that thought. They started for the organization building.

Laughter seemed gloomy all the way. Suddenly, she felt like she didn't know Mayuko at all, even after the  acquaintance for five long years. She thought that she had finally made a friend who was a girl just like her. So, the girl, who would always laugh no matter what, stopped laughing.

They reached the building at dawn. At the entrance, though it was an unexpected scenery, they could clearly see Yonaka, waiting for their arrival.

"That's not like her." Joker thought. Infact, many others thought the same. There was nobody left in the organization, who didn't know of the wicked and treacherous personality of the head of the facility. "Something must be up!" The thought stroke everyone else present.

"Welcome back!" Yonaka said out loud as they approached her. Then, tilting her head, she gave them, especially Laughter and Joker, a nasty glare followed by a wicked smile. "I thought you'd do better, honestly. Goodness me! I perhaps underestimated you."

Everyone else stayed quiet and looked down, trying their hardest to let their eyes not meet Yonaka's. Joker and Laughter stayed quiet as well. They knew that they wouldn't live if they uttered any word then.

Finally, she allowed them to get inside and ordered them to perform their usual duties despite that fact that they had just returned from a mission. While passing the entrance of the building, Laugher looked back at her. Her head was filled with so many questions. But, there weren't answers.

Yonaka kept on standing at the entrance even after everyone had gone in. That's when they realized that they weren't being welcomed at all. She was there, standing for a greater purpose.

Laughter had gone straight to the training hall, and followed her daily routine. After that, she finally got some free time and headed straight to her room. And then... she started to think about so many things. She had never pondered over anything ever before. "Mayuko is a brilliant assassin. She has been well trained. She has worked harder than anyone in this facility. If she had followed orders, she would've been able to lead such an easy life! So, why?! Just for that one little girl, why did she have to sacrificed everything?" Frankly, this was going through her head.

All on a sudden, someone barged in her room without even knocking. It was Joker. He seemed pissed off.

"So? What are you thinking?" Joker asked with a rather soft tone which did not match his appearance at all.

Laughter was rather surprised. Not at the fact that he didn't knock. She knew he wasn't polite enough to do so. But because of his question. She had known Joker for a long time. Perhaps ever since she started working there. It was perhaps 13 years ago when Laughter was a mere child of five.

And, Joker used to be a test subject in the lab built in the facility.