Epilogue

Lena returned to LCorp to relieve Sam of her duties, so that she could spend some much needed time with Ruby for a few days, just six weeks after her son was born. She looked around her office and smiled. Nothing had changed in the months she had been absent from the building, except for the picture of Ruby on the seat in the middle of the room.

Lena moved over to the desk and lifted the picture of Ruby up. She smiled and put it back down before placing a picture of Jack beside it. "It's good to be back." She declared. She took a seat at her desk and began looking over all the notes Sam had left her.

Fifteen pages worth of notes, all single spaced. Had it really been that long? Had Lena really been away from LCorp long enough to have fifteen pages worth of notes from Sam? She swallowed and began reading through them.

Hours passed and Lena had read all of Sam's notes, signed multiple forms and had approved various plans for new projects. She smiled to herself, happy with the work she had done for the day. Now she wanted to go home and see her son.

Lena moved to collect her bag and coat, only to be interrupted by a very deep voice.

"Mrs Luthor?"

Lena turned. A very tall person stood before her with an executioner mask on and a gun in their hands which they had held up at Lena's head.

Lena put her hands up in defence and began backing away. "Please, don't shoot. I have a child who needs me."

"A child..." The person echoed as they stepped forward.

Lena stepped back each time the person stepped forward until they eventually ended up on the balcony and Lena was as close to the edge as she could be.

"Lex will do everything he can to get that baby." The person growled before pulling the trigger but nothing happened.

Lena was frozen in fear.

The person lunges forward and Lena fell from the balcony.

Lena screamed as she fell, praying Kara would hear her before she hit the ground.

Suddenly Lena's body collided with another and she looked up. "Kara." She breathed.

"I will always catch you." Kara said softly. She kissed Lena softly and they flew off into the sky.