Touch (Chrono's Version)

a/n: hello everyone! after reading some of your comments on the touch oneshot in my overhaul oneshot book, i realized that a lot of people were fans of chrono, so i decided to make a chrono oneshot book! this oneshot will be the well-deserved chrono version of the 'touch' oneshot! the beginning will be the same, (except for a few changed things) but the ending will be different.

the reader also has a quirk, but they rarely talk/mention it since they know that overhaul doesn't like quirks. besides, their quirk is really only for life-threatening situations (it only is effective during that time, other than that they are practically quirkless--) their quirk goes as follows:

quirk name: last resort

description: when the user is in a stressful situation, they can knock back/send their target back to a previous location that they were at a few minutes ago (five minutes max.) the target is also frozen for about ten seconds after being sent to the location. this quirk needs to recharge as well; it takes about twelve hours for it to be fully recharged. this quirk isnt really attack-oriented, just as a last resort (hence the name—)

the ending is suggestive once again, since it wouldn't be fair if overhaul got a suggestive ending and chrono didn't ):)

"For the last time, Y/N, I'm not going to hold your hand in public!"

Overhaul hissed down to me when I tried to grasp for his gloved hand during a mission, his arm immediately recoiling from me. His golden eyes were hard with anger, and I quickly turned my gaze somewhere else, shoulders drooping. To the left of me, Chrono noticed that I was a little down, so he placed an arm around my shoulders, ignoring the smoldering look that was sent his direction by a certain Yakuza leader.

I felt hurt by the way my boyfriend pushed me away, but I guess I was used to it. Kai Chisaki was a major germaphobe, and he didn't really like showing affection out in public and in the confines of our room, (whenever we slept, he refused to get close to me, so there was usually a large gap between us.) Most of the time he just used words to express his love for me. I already knew what I was signing up for when I started dating him about a month ago, but I couldn't help but feel unloved and touch-starved. I wanted nothing more than to feel his latex-covered hands gliding smoothly over my skin, loving words being husked into my ear as I sat in his lap.

I knew that wouldn't happen anytime soon, but I suppose it was nice to dream, right?

"Talk to me about this later, okay?"

Chrono then whispered in my ear, his hand moving up to push his mask to the side so that he could speak clearly without sounding muffled. I looked up at him, and caught a glimpse of an arrowhead sneaking back into his hood as he quickly adjusted his white raincoat. I nodded, and Chrono hummed. His hand then reached for mine, which I took gratefully.

"If the boss won't hold your hand, I will."

He announced loudly as we continued to walk, and I smiled hesitantly, but immediately stopped when I heard Overhaul growl lowly at the sight. I watched as he stalked to the front of the group to walk next to Mimic, who welcomed his boss quite eagerly.

I felt strangely at peace as I walked alongside Chrono, no ounce of worry on my shoulders at the way Overhaul was acting.

If he wouldn't hold my hand, then what was the problem of his right-hand man holding mine?

I thought vaguely as I rested my head against his shoulder, and I felt his grip on my hand tighten slightly.

———————————————————————