Unspoken

REQUESTED BY Abbynx_26

prompt:

warnings: angst, death, sad chrono

Why couldn't he do anything?

Why was he so powerless when it came to this?

Being a Yakuza right-hand man granted Hari many privileges, like favoritism from Overhaul, first pick of food whenever they had dinner — but in this situation — those privileges were useless.

His love was dying. Y/N was dying.

And he couldn't do anything to stop it.

Perhaps Hari shouldn't even call Y/N his love. In reality, they belonged to no one, because Hari was too scared to confess his feelings for them — too cowardly to show that he, indeed, had feelings.

It was difficult being a Yakuza. He didn't want to risk being cast out and ridiculed for being in love with someone. Hell, he's sure that Overhaul would be disgusted to learn that his right-hand man — the man who's just supposed to follow him around — is in love with one of the expendables he's hired: Y/N.

It hurts to see Y/N laying there, hair wispy and eyes sunken. It hurts to not be able to express how much he loved them. Oh, how he longed to hug them.

But he couldn't.

Hari's need to maintain the facade he had put up overpowers his need to love Y/N just by a smidge, and he's not sure what he can do about it.

Everything aches. Every atom in his body is screaming at him to just do it — to stand for what he believes in.

But Hari's not one to do that. It's evident from the way he follows Overhaul blindly into anything and everything — even when he doesn't agree with the male.

He's a mindless zombie, and now his heart has to pay for it.

Hari was there when Y/N's heartbeat flatlined.

The pain in his heart is indescribable.

I'm sorry.