Letter

a/n: i was originally going to write pt2 to water fountain, but i couldn't come up with what to write! i'm so sorry about that! instead, i came up with this-- hanahaki au, let's go-

Words can't describe the aching — the longing — that surfaces in my heart whenever I look at Hari, who just so happens to be my boss. Well, not exactly my boss.

Overhaul's my main boss; the man who in the end, has the most control and power over me. Hari's merely a tier under Overhaul — after all, he's the Yakuza leader's right-hand man. The two of them have known each other since childhood, and they seem to often refer to each other by their real names. I've always wished to call Hari by his given name, but the pale-haired male always seems to get upset when I say 'Kurono.'

I know my feelings of love will never be mirrored, for Hari has expressed many times that he's currently not interested in a relationship — nor will he ever be. Those words sting, but I never let it show. I just nod, and smile, filling in my role of a submissive, pliable assistant to Hari.

However, my body on inside isn't matching my outward appearance.

On the inside, my heart feels like its being torn apart; the pieces of it being thrown out into the cold of the outdoors like nothing but useless trash. My thoughts are filled with hazy thoughts — bad thoughts that scream over and over in my head: you're not good enough, you're not good enough, you're not good enough — you'll never be good enough for him.

Everything hurts whenever I look at him.

I know all of these feelings will end up putting me in the dumps in the very end, but I can't control my love for him.

Hari's beautiful — a fine work of art. Those dark eyes are perfectly aligned on his boyishly handsome face. His unique, arrow-head shaped hair is also beautiful — it's one of a kind — just like him. And don't get me started on that jawline of his.

To put it shortly: I'm whipped for Hari Kurono, and today I found out the side-effect of this one-sided infatuation.

Flowers.

Lots and lots of flowers.

They had initially started out in small quantities; nothing serious. Though, when I had first coughed out the petal of a lavender rose, I knew that my situation would only go downhill from here.

The longer I lingered around Hari, the deeper in love I fell with him. It was a horrible process, and I could tell that there were more and more flowers falling from my mouth — a sign that I was inching closer and closer to death.

Hari hadn't noticed this yet, for whenever flowers left my mouth, I'd just push them into my assigned plague mask. There was no point of telling anyone; they couldn't drag me out of the hole I had dug myself from the very start.

By the end of the fourth week, I was too weak to get out of bed.

With flowers flowing out of my mouth — pollen filling my senses and smothering the little breath I had — I shakily wrote a letter. My handwriting was barely eligible, but what could I do now? I was literally on my deathbed right now.

ԃҽαɾ ɯԋσҽʋҽɾ ϝιɳԃʂ ƚԋιʂ,

ι'ɱ ρɾσႦαႦʅყ ԃҽαԃ Ⴆყ ƚԋҽ ƚιɱҽ ყσυ ɾҽαԃ ƚԋιʂ. ιƚ'ʂ ρɾσႦαႦʅყ ɳσƚ α ρɾҽƚƚყ ʂιɠԋƚ, αɳԃ ყσυ'ɾҽ ρɾσႦαႦʅყ ɳσƚ ɠσιɳɠ ƚσ Ⴆҽ αႦʅҽ ƚσ ʂƚσɱαƈԋ ɯԋαƚҽʋҽɾ Ⴆɾҽαƙϝαʂƚ ყσυ'ʋҽ ԋαԃ ρɾισɾ ƚσ ϝιɳԃιɳɠ ɱҽ — αɳԃ ι αρσʅσɠιȥҽ ϝσɾ ƚԋαƚ.

ƚԋҽɾҽ'ʂ Ⴆҽҽɳ α ʂҽƈɾҽƚ ι'ʋҽ Ⴆҽҽɳ ԋσʅԃιɳɠ σɳ ɱყ ʂԋσυʅԃҽɾʂ. ιƚ'ʂ ʂσɱҽƚԋιɳɠ ι'ɱ ɳσƚ ρɾσυԃ σϝ — ʂσɱҽƚԋιɳɠ ι ɯιʂԋ ι ƈσυʅԃ'ʋҽ ƈԋαɳɠҽԃ αႦσυƚ ɱყʂҽʅϝ.

ƚԋҽ ƚԋιɳɠ ιʂ, ι ʅσʋҽԃ ԋαɾι ƙυɾσɳσ. ყҽʂ, ƙҽყ ɯσɾԃ: ʅσʋҽԃ. ι αԃɱιɾҽԃ ԋιɱ ϝɾσɱ αϝαɾ, Ⴆҽƈαυʂҽ ι ƙɳҽɯ ƚԋαƚ ԋҽ'ԃ ɳҽʋҽɾ ʅσʋҽ ɱҽ Ⴆαƈƙ.

ƚԋαƚ'ʂ ɯԋყ ι'ɱ ԃҽαԃ. ԃɾσɯɳιɳɠ ιɳ ƚԋҽ ρҽƚαʅʂ σϝ ɱყ σɯɳ ϝσσʅιʂԋ ʅσʋҽ.

ʂҽҽɱʂ ɱყ ƚιɱҽ ιʂ αʅɱσʂƚ υρ, ʂσ ι ʂυρρσʂҽ ι συɠԋƚ ƚσ ҽɳԃ ƚԋιʂ ʅҽƚƚҽɾ.

ɠσσԃႦყҽ,

ყ/ɳ.

I'm not entirely sure how I managed to write such a long letter, especially with the way the flowers are filling my throat, but I guess there's a lot of mysteries to life. I set the note to the side.

I then stare up at the ceiling, and I close my eyes. I attempt to draw in one more shaky breath, but the flowers have already successfully flooded my whole body. There's only one thing I think before the lack of oxygen forces my body to shut down.

I love you, Hari Kurono.