𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍; CEDE

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘𝐛𝐲 -𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘
𝐛𝐲 -𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧

— — —

"MR. BECK?" Peter called out as they both ran towards him. Peter gave his shoulder a small push, making him groan. Quentin blinked, struggling to look up at the two. "Oh, thank goodness,"

When Quentin held up his hand, Peter quickly clasped it and pulled the man to his feet. Lucy rose with them, holding onto Beck's bicep.

It wasn't long for Maria and Nick, along with Dimitri to flood the scene. Maria spoke up first, "So it's over?"

Quentin, seated on a boulder, nodded tiredly. "That was the last of them."

"But not the last threat we'll ever face." Nick commented, glancing down at him.

Peter walked over to Lucy, quietly asking if she was okay or hurt in any way. The two grabbed each other by the forearms, exchanging small talk about each other's possible wounds.

"We need to stay vigilant." Fury continued, "There's a void in this world for someone like you. Hill and I are going to Europol headquarters in Berlin tomorrow. You should join us."

Quentin's lips tugged at a smile, standing to offer his hand to the ex-director. "Thank you. I just might need to take you up on that."

Nick's head slowly turned before he approached the two heroes. Lucy was currently clutching her side, feeling a bruise forming over her right side. Gripping the bottom of her eye mask, she tugged it up so it rested on her hairline.

Peter stood idly, clearly in shock. She pursed her lips, lifting her hand from her side to rest on the back of his bicep.

Nick stood over the two, and Lucy tried to put on a brave face for him. "You got gifts, Parker," he spoke towards her boyfriend first. "But you didn't wanna be here."

"Mr. Fury, I—"

"I'd love to have you in Berlin."

From a scowl to shock, Lucy's eyes widened at the proposal for Peter. Nick glanced at Lucy, his lips hinting at a smirk, "You too, Green. You impressed me tonight."

She blinked at his offer before Nick now glanced between the two, "But you two have got to decide whether you're going to step up, or not." Fury directed his gaze to Peter for a moment, "Stark chose you. He made you an Avenger."

He now sparred a look at Lucy. "I need that. The world needs that. Maybe Stark was wrong." Nick paused, inclining his head towards the two questioningly. "Was he? The choice is yours."

Peter watched Nick walk away in silence, having the goggles flipped upward. When his head turned to gaze at Lucy, her face washed over with sympathy when she noticed his tears.