Chapter One

**Authors note: Hey! I hope you enjoy this first chapter!!! I was trying to find some Clato fanfic that wasn't about the Hunger Games, I found one that I FELL in Love with but I decided to write my own!!
XoCatoxo ~Arwen
-
-

Cloves POV
I woke up bright and early- no not early, late, if I am going to be honest I despise mornings. I'm supposed to leave to walk to school at 7:45 and as of the moment it's 7:35.
I glance at my phone screen not realizing what the time is and roll back over onto my bed. Right as I am about to fall asleep I quickly take notice to what the time is in reality.
Ten.
Minutes.
I attempt to get up quickly, as I'm stepping out of my two minute shower I hear loud footsteps trek up the stairs followed by three defining knocks on my bedroom door.
After I let out a slight shriek I steadily respond with, "Who is it!"
"Clover we're gonna be la-ate!" A deep voice yells.
It was my best friend Cato Hadley, the handsome boy two houses down that knows me better than anyone else in town.
A few seconds after the knocks Cato turned the doorknob and began to push open the oak door.
"What is taking you so long-" Catos sentence was cut short as he saw me in my towel.
"God! Cato! Why? Get out!" I scream at the bright red boy, as he quickly slammed the door I saw a small smile creep upon Catos face.

I quickly put my clothes on, thankfully I laid them out last night. That was before I passed out while doing my Panem history homework. There isn't enough time for me to put my hair up in my signature ponytail. So I simply grab my schoolbag and go downstairs.

"Took you long enough Clove!" Cato complained, though I can still see the pinkish tint that lights his cheeks.
I look over in the kitchen to see my mom standing there with her arms crossed, "How late did you stay up last night Clove Anita Sevina?"
My eyes widen, "Oh- uh- well-" before I could finish Cato stood from the dining table took my hand and led me out the door.
As he opened the door to his car he spoke in a kind tone, "You're welcome for saving your ass Clover field"
"Like I needed your help! I could've gotten myself out of that mess," I exclaim. Yeah, he made it easier and probably will get us to school on time but still!
I've known Cato Hadley since the seventh grade. We met through my ex best friend Glimmer. At the time she had the hugest crush on him. Being the determined friend I am, I became friends with her so she could get closer with him. Cato didn't have any interest in Glimmer so we became friends. Later that year, our whole friend group was at Marvels pool party. Someone had thought it would be a good idea to play 'Spin the bottle'. By the end of the night Glimmer had kissed everyone except Cato, it was his turn and the bottle landed on Glimmer.
He got up and walked across the circle to where Glimmer and I were sitting. Glimmer wouldn't stop fidgeting as Cato approached us, but right at the last second instead of pulling Glimmer off of the couch he turned to me and quickly picked me up by the waist and kissed me.
Ever since then Glimmer has hated our guts. She claimed that Cato and I were dating, when it was just a friendship. Cato has always said that he only kissed me so that he wouldn't have to kiss Glimmer. But since that night something has been different about him.

There's always a twinkle in his eye.