Chapter Thirteen

Clove's POV

My mom didn't really call me, well she did; but it was about dinner and I just played it off as if I had to leave. I can't tell if Marvel is playing some huge ass trick on me. How could of all people Cato think those kinda of things about me? This all seems impossible.

We're too close of friends, is a reoccurring thought that stays in my head. Too close to mess anything up. How does he think I'm beautiful? No one has really ever thought about me in a way like that.

He can't be in love with me.

But he is.

Cato's POV

I'm done moping around and being sad. It's ridiculous that I'm even in this state of mind. But after Clove left, I was at loss for words. Why do I even try to get with her? What if I'm wasting my time? She could be completely in love with some other guy.

No, that can't be, Clove never keeps secrets. I know when she's lying. I know her like the back of my hand. She doesn't tell anyone where she keeps her collection of throwing knives. Only I know that; and they're in the back of her closet stored in a fancy silver bag.

I know that I love her. But how could she think of me day and night like me? How? I can't sit here and dwell anymore, I have to get up and do something about this.

Though the house is fairly clean, I am not. I still don't recognize the boy in the mirror. Now we need to fix that. A voice in my head commands. So I head upstairs to take a hot shower. The hot water against my skin feels amazing. 

After getting out of the shower, shaving, brushing my hair, and brushing my teeth I start to see the boy I used to be. I make my way to my room and start deciding. I see the suit that I haven't worn in a long time..

She couldn't be in love with me.

But I hope she is.

Clove's POV

When I reach the steps leading up to my house I already know what my plan is.
Shits.
About.
To.
Go.
Down.

"Didn't know you would be back so soon Clove, does there seem to be a problem?" My mother inquires.

"Oh well Marvel had to leave as well, and I didn't want to be there alone. There's no problem. I'm just going to take a hot shower." I say making my way up the stairs.

"Don't leave me in the dark!" She jokingly shouts. 

Once I reach the bathroom I ask myself, am I really doing this? The answer is yes stupid. Then I hop into the hot shower and relax.

An hour and a half later I'm done curling my hair. Well Mom had to help me because I'm not really that kind of girl. I have natural waves in my hair but not full on curls.

"Beautiful!" She chides.

"Thanks Mom I really appreciate it.

"Anytime! It's nice to do girly things with you, we mainly just watch outdoorsy shows together," she laughs and it's a beautiful sound, "Any reason why you're doing this?"

"No not really just wanted to get- dolled up? Is that what people call it?" I have to search for these words deep in my memory from Glimmer.

When she finally leaves the room I now have to decide what to wear. After walking around in my robe for 30 minutes I start to really understand the struggle for girls. In the back of my closet near my knives I see a dress that looks unfamiliar...

Maybe we're both in love.

** I'm going to try and write wayyyyyy more often ik i keep saying that but I  wrote this on the bus and so I think I'll do this more often. I want to finish this, this month. So yeahh. PLEASE PUT IDEAS FOR THE END ALSO***