Chapter Fourteen

Cato's POV

As I am walking towards Clove's house, I am more and more realizing that I was oblivious this whole time. There still is a partial nagging in the back of my head that's saying, get your head out of the clouds. But I keep pushing it aside; I don't have time to think like that. The only thing that's on my mind is Clove.

I keep trudging through the snow. To Clove, my best friend, my #1, my love. The frigid weather is attempting to get the best of me. But I keep walking. I can't stop now. I must keep going.

I've been walking for a while and I begin to think of what is going to happen once I arrive at her house. At this point I have started completely ignoring the negative thoughts. Again I don't have time for them.

What will she think of all this? Maybe this was a bad idea.. I should've told Marvel. Yeah, I definitely should have told him what I'm doing. He could have stopped all of this tomfoolery. I should just turn back.

Then I see her.

Clove's POV

I'd like to believe that I've ran through every single thing that could possibly go wrong. He could get freaked out by seeing me in this or he could laugh at me.

He could shut me out for good.

Thankfully I decided not to wear the heels. I think that was going a bit overboard. But I mean I am wearing a dress. That's not something people get to see too often.

I try to distract myself on the decently long walk. I didn't bring my phone, it seemed to be too much of a hassle to carry it along. All I had was my boots, dress, me, and my thoughts. My thoughts haven't really been helping me at all. I need to focus on the positive. There is potential that the outcome of me doing this will be a positive and life changing experience. Definitely not a traumatic one.

Ok I really am trying not to focus on the bad but here I am. The more I walk on I begin to get more and more fidgety. I start to pick at my nails; I spent almost an hour on them and it goes to waste. My mind is running at a mile a minute, I almost feel my life flashing before my eyes. I try and steady my breathing.

Then I see him.

Cato's POV

I stop in my tracks and gaze at a girl standing several yards away from me. At first I don't recognize her though she does remind me of someone.

It's Clove.

What she's probably seeing right now is a pale looking boy. But her expression doesn't change as she takes a few steps closer. She's stunning. On her is a dress that comes to her feet, it comes off the shoulder. As she walks closer it seems to be made of a dark magenta silk. Snow coats the bottom edge from waking.

She's now five feet away and I take a deep breath in and start walking too. And there's no turning back now. No more drama, no more secrets, just Clove and I.

Clove's POV

"I'm sorry," are the first words I hear.

It takes me a second to realize that they came from Cato. I bring myself back to reality and breathe, "it's ok."
I manage.

"No it's not Clove and I shouldn't have shut you out and-"

He rambles on until I interrupt him, "It's going to be ok Cato, I promise. I'm sorry that I've been keeping things from you."

His eyebrows furrow, "What do you mean 'keeping things from me?'"

"What I mean is that I haven't been putting all of my feelings out in the open  like I should have. I haven't really been honest. And I'd like to clear things up."

"You aren't the only one Clove," he smiles.

"Oh? Well um I've been meaning to tell you this for uh awhile I guess and um it's been killing me, but I-" I can't stop stuttering.

Then the space between us becomes almost nonexistent. The next thing I know his lips are crashed against mine. And I don't hesitate; this is no spin the bottle accident. It seems like time is frozen in this moment forever until Cato pulls away. And I know that this kiss was meant for me.

His gaze falls down upon me, he pauses, grins, and says, "I love you."

He softly kisses me in the forehead, and I respond in a whisper, "I love you too."

** And there is the last chapter of A Four Leaf Clover guys. I am an emotional wreck right now. I have enjoyed writing this story so much. Even though I was very inconsistent with updating I still loved every moment writing this. Thank you to all who kept encouraging me to continue even when I didn't want to. Also a big thank you to my best friend Travis for reading this and helping me finish this. Thank you all for coming along this journey with me.
-Arwen
Xoxo <3 **