Chapter Four

** A/N Sorry this May have taken a little bit but this is a long chapter. Thought I would end it where it is and continue writing so yeah. Love y'all!
XoCatoxo~ Arwen Clove's POV

Clove's POV

"If all that you tell me is true mom then- then- I cant believe I'm saying this but I think I'm in love with Cato," I say placing my head in my hands.

My mother walks up to me and starts to rub my back, "And thats ok Clove. "

I walk up to my room and don't leave it for the rest of the morning. I can't be in love with my best friend. He would kill me if he found out, he would hate me. I can't tell Marvel cause he's a bigmouth and would instantly tell Cato.

Cato: Hey wanna come over? It'll be you, Marvel, and I. You in? :)

Me: What a surprise! Of course I'd love to come see you soon! :))

What.
Did.
I.
Get.
Myself.
Into.

I immediately get up and begin to get ready. I get on my black skinny jeans, a grey sweater, and my combat boots. I simply take out my braid and leave my hair with the waves that the braid left me. Little makeup application cause Marvel will say something. And I'm out the door.

I dial Cato's number,
"Hey can one of you two come and pick me up? It's starting to snow," I ask the boys since Marvels already at his house.

In the background I hear Marvel get up, " I'll go get her"

"No! Marvel I'll go get her! Uh um stay here and look after the pizza. I'll be there in five Cloverfield " Cato then hangs up.

I stand out in the fresh coat of snow until I see his car pull into the driveway. He gets out and gives me a warm hug. He's not wearing a jacket but only a red  shirt and jeans. He looks so handsome in the evening light.

"What was that for?" I ask my cheeks turning pink.

He rubs the back of his neck, "Oh uh we um just haven't hung out in a while!" Cato walks me to the car and opens the door for me. As I step in I swear I see him wink at me. He has a huge grin on his face and I return it.

The drive is quiet, even though the falling snow is beautiful I can't help myself to steal glances at Cato. The smile he had on his face. His hand is on his thigh. Oh how badly I want I want to grab his hand, I immediately look back out the window not to seem suspicious.

We get to his house and one thing I noticed on the drive was that every once in a while he looked away from the road, I wish to believe that he was looking at me. Stealing back the glances that I gave him.

"The snow's beautiful isn't it?" He asks in a soft tone.

"Yeah it really is. The first snow of the season," I lean my head on his shoulder.

Why am I doing this? He's not objecting. But why?

"Glad to spend it with my best friend," he says looking at me with sparkling eyes, " Ready to go in?"

"Yeah, it's getting a little bit cold," we get out of the car and it has snowed about an inch since we left my house.

"Hey you guys finally made it back! My favorite couple! Just in time for the pizza!" That is what Cato and I hear when we enter the kitchen. Marvel is wearing a Christmas sweater.

"It's too early to be wearing Christmas sweaters Marvel," Cato states, we separate from each other after noticing how close we were.

"Uh dude it's like December 5 it's not too early. What does Mr Hadley not like Christmas?" Marvel asks as he gets out three plates.

"It's never been my favorite, Mom and Dad are always gone for it. Always have to spend it alone," Cato mumbles.

Marvel looks at Cato then makes eye contact with me then looks back at Cato and nods his head to him. I can already feel the heat rising to my face.

"Hey you can spend  Christmas with my family, you know my mom and brother love you to pieces!" I turn him so he's facing me, "This will be the best Christmas you've ever had. Ok?"

He looks down at me, "Ok, thank you Clove."

***

Marvel's POV

I swear after Cato thanks Clove they both lean in a tiny bit for a kiss then quickly just hug.

The rest of the night I see these two love birds stealing glances, accidentally touching and blushing. We hand out and eat pizza. When the end of the night comes Clove looks out the window.

"Uh guys? It's snowed at least a foot.." Her voice was filled with excitement, probably because she wants to stay here safe with Cato.

"Looks like we're snowed in. Dibs on the couch!" I call out knowing someone will have to sleep on the floor while the other in his bed.

Wink wink you know what I mean.