The Hardest Fight of My Life

An old fire dragon was elected to be the announcer of the fight. He looked to be older then Igneel, could bearly fly, had old spots and scars, and would lose any fight. For some reason, it seemed like planned fights were rare here. Everyone was rilled up and cheering. The old fart began announcing

"All~ right everyone! The match starts at 3... " I got in a fighting stance," 2... " lit my hands ablaze," 1... FIGHT!!" and attacked.

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!!" I shrieked trying to test the waters of Luce's new profound powers. Instead of dodging, like she usually would, she caught my fist and threw me to the ground. Crap! I thought to myself I was not expecting that!

"I told you not to hold back. Yet here we are." She rolled her eyes. "I'm not going to attack with my magic until you've hit me, got it? So try to do better." She started walking away, her back turned to me.

I got up and yelled, "Fire Dragon Roar!!"

I was pretty sure I had hit her but then I heard her next to my ear, "I've seen you do worse to Gray. Stop. Holding. Back!" I tried to elbow her but failed. For such failure, I got a gift. A left hook to the jaw followed by Lucy's signature kick, pushing me back a couple of feet.

"Gah! Crap, Lucy! Have you always been this strong?!" I yelled at her trying to keep my balance, which was not easy.

"This? This isn't even the tip of the iceberg, Natsu." She… was holding back. I looked at her and could tell why. She didn't want to hurt me as much as I do her. I decided to stop playing around and dive headfirst, literally.

"Fire Dragon Sword Horn!!!" She dodged, which I expected but stepped on my back, which I wasn't, and pushed me to the ground once again, giving her a boost into the sky. I got up quickly and turned to see her still in the sky. Perfect.

"Fire Dragon Roar!!" Once the attack cleared, she was standing on the ground, facing the opposite side of the arena, with a couple of scratches on her back.

"You did it, Natsu. I'm proud. But now... " She turned around to face me screamed," Water Dragon Roar!" Her water was white and shiny. It looked like a white current of the purest steams. Of course, I got soaked but took no real damage.

"Oh come on, Luce! That did nothing!" I was disappointed if anything. She was supposed to be the strongest in all of the dragon kind.

"Are you sure, fire dragon?" I realized fire + water = no fire.

"Crap." I mumbled trying to ignite myself. While doing this Luce had gotten into a running position and charged, fists flaring. It felt similar to a treatment I had from Laxus when he was stupid. She was using Lightning dragon slayer magic, I concluded.

She stopped her fists with a hand on my chest, "Ice Dragon Freeze!" And freeze, I did. She jumped back and waited, watching me. Soon enough, I melted the ice and began my string of attacks. I hated hitting Lucy, but I knew if I didn't I would lose. No way was that happening.

I started with Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame then got closer and used Fire Dragon's Claw, followed by a Roar. I hit her dead on every time. These attacks would usually take down even the strongest opponents, but Luce looked bearly phased by this.

She brushed ash off her shoulder and had the most mischievous smile pulled across her face. "My turn."

The fight went on like this for a while. She would strike me strong and fast, I would counter-attack and begin to strike her. I was running out of magic quickly and Luce was bearly using hers. She kept using fire moves and I ate them gaining some strength back, but it wasn't helping much. She hit me with an ice dragon roar and sent me flying. I don't recall what happened after that.

Instead of waking up in a pile of rubble I woke up to see the ceiling of a house. I wasn't hurting or anything. I assumed that the fight had been a dream and sat up expecting to see Igneel and Lucy waiting for me. I found some clothes, and my scarf, and a glass of water on the nightstand next to me with a note. The note scared me. Lucy had left me with a note once before and I did not want to be without her anymore. I drank the water and read the note.

"Dear Natsu, This is not a goodbye letter like last time. Do not even begin to think that. I did leave to do something in another domain though. Don't get me wrong, I will be back within a few hours. Until then explore your father's clan and destroy as much stuff as you want. : ) We'll have to leave once I get back though, so spend as much time as you can with Igneel, he has missed you and wants to talk to you about something important. Btw, I healed you so you won't have any scars and can battle as many things as you want. See ya later, Natsu! <3 Lucy"

She has me completely figured out, knowing me and my destructive habit. She was too perfect. I finished my water, put my clothes on (they fit great), and went outside to see chaos and fire.