1: Sympathy and Indifference

On the busy streets of New York City, a black car is parked right in front of a small bank. Inside of the car is a girl. She wears a mask of a fox that covers her face completely. On her lap is a semi-automatic rifle. The girl steps out of the car, her hand grips the gun as she walks towards the bank.

She kicks the doors open.

"Everyone get on the floor! This is a robbery!" The girl shouts. She turns to the workers and aims her gun at them. She watches as one pulls their hand away from the button to alert the police. "I'll give you till the count of 5 to open the vault or I'll shoot."

"1,"

The workers scramble to the vault and frantically type in the code. Coincidentally, it was a 5 digit code.

"2,"

The workers had typed in the first digit of the code, their trembling hands making it more difficult than it should be.

"3,"

The second digit was in.

"4,"

The third digit.

"5."

The workers only have the fourth digit in as she counted to five.

"Time's up," The girl declares. "Man, I think you might have been able to do it if I just wasn't this.. cruel," She aims the gun at the workers again.

"Please! Don't do this! We can still open the vault!" A worker begs.

"Nope, I keep my word," She said with no emotion as she cocked the gun in her hands. "Five seconds is what I gave you."

"Please! Don't do it!" A female worker shrieks. She looks like she was in her fifty's.

The girl's eyes soften visibly.

She pulls the gun's trigger and many people scream. Citizens and bank workers alike, they all yell out of fear.

They yell in fear, yet none of the bullets shot land on any of them.

Bullet holes are on the walls and ceiling, nowhere near the people trapped inside the building.

"I'll do it myself," She mutters as she walks to the vault and shoots it open. "Wastes of time."

She stuffs all the money she can into a duffel bag and walks out, the sound of her boots making a few people flinch.

"I don't need any snitches," The girl speaks, swinging around to face the majority of them. "Don't make this harder than it has to be."

She walks out of the bank calmly and gets back into the car she waited in and drives off, humming along to the music playing.

•~•

"How'd the job go Mina?"

Mina hums as she enters the safe house that she shared with her friends. She throws the duffel bag, which was still filled with money, on the couch. "I would say it went pretty good."

"As expected from you, Bandit M," Momo teases her friend. Mina chuckled at that.

"Where's Dahyun and Chaeyoung?"

"They're in Hyunnie's room. It's probably best not to disturb them."

Mina nods and makes her way down the bare hallway to her room, which is across the hall from Dahyun's room. She can hear muffled voices coming from behind the walls, but chooses to ignore it. After taking her time to change her clothes, she walks out of her room to get a snack. As she walks past the living room, Mina sees Chaeyoung sitting next to Dahyun, with Momo connecting her laptop to the TV for Dahyun.