5: Unwilling

A few hours earlier

"Hey, new girl! Wake up!"

Sana jolts awake, thanks to a loud voice. The girl's eyes snap open to see Chaeyoung leaning over her. She swiftly moves into a sitting position, almost hitting Chaeyoung right on her nose. Luck seems to be on her side though, because the criminal quickly leans back, avoiding the hit.

"Careful there," Chaeyoung speaks with a smirk growing on her face. "Remember, we kidnapped you, not the other way around."

"Sorry," Sana mumbles, refusing to meet the latters eyes.

"Dahyun and I are going out. Momo is in the practice room training so she won't be out for a while," The girl explains as she walks backwards, still facing Sana, smirking. "Now, we could just take you with us, but you had a rough day, and we're human too. Do the right thing, and everything will be alright."

Sana takes in a deep breath. She has no choice but to comply. Sana nods her head meekly.

Chaeyoung raises an eyebrow, and with her silence, Sana finally glances at the other girl. Chaeyoung has her hands crossed over her chest now, and her eyebrows are furrowed. In short, she looks intimidating.

"I would appreciate it if you replied with words."

Again, she is left without a choice. "I will."

Chaeyoung pouts, and Sana can tell it's not because she's genuinely upset. She's mocking her. The criminal holds out her pinky.

"Pinky promise?"

Sana clenches her jaw, annoyed at how much Chaeyoung is taking advantage of the situation. It could be much, much worse, but this makes her insides cringe.

The Japanese girl reaches out a hand, extending her pinky as it wraps around the latter's.

"...Promise."

Sana snatches her hand away, curling it into a fist as her nails dig into her palm.

She could be anywhere, she could be home, she could even be dead, but no— the world seemed to have it out for her. Instead, it put her here, the complete opposite of the place she wanted to be in so badly.

Although, maybe this can be a good thing. She would be able to say that she went undercover and infiltrated the Prototypes. Putting that in a résumé to become a detective would surely give her an advantage against her competitors. Also, she would be able to see Bandit M and her shockingly amazing physique, she could might even be able to—

"-going now." Chaeyoung finishes whatever she was going on about, and Sana is snapped backed to reality. "Were you even listening to me?"

Sana's breath hitches. "Erm, y-yeah. I was listening."

It's painfully obvious that she's lying. Chaeyoung raises a brow.

"Then what'd I say?"

A second of silence.

"You said that you were going now."

Chaeyoung's eyebrows furrow

"No, I didn't. I said that Momo went to get you food."

Sana accepts her fate. She's definitely dead now.

"Oh."

The two girls are enveloped in silence. Chaeyoung continues staring with her eyebrows furrowed and arms crossed. Sana can't stand this stare down, so she chooses to stare as her now fidgeting fingers.

Then, the short haired girl laughs, holding her stomach for support. "Wow! I thought you said you were going to college to be a detective!"

The Japanese girl's eyebrows furrow. "I-I am!"