•9•

Mina POV

"Will you help me?"

Sana looked at our connected hands with a tint of red appearing on her cheeks. She looked back at me with slightly wide eyes. I smiled when her grip tightened around my hand. But it fell when she pulled it away.

"I'll help you," She said as she looked at Lil Paws. "But on one condition."

"What would that be then?" I asked as I tried to hide the fact that I was disappointed she stopped holding my hand.

"Please, control your mood swings," Sana spoke as she stroked Lil Paws' tail. "If you couldn't tell already, they've been preventing me from being comfortable around you. And to help comfort you, I have to feel comfortable around you first."

"Of course! I'll do that!" I answered quickly. I didn't want her to take back her answer. Right now, I'm in a situation where I'm going to need comforting. Just in case those dreams come back.

"Do you promise?" She asked as she stuck out her pinky. I looked at it with a questioning look on my face. She noticed my confusion. "You can never break a pinky promise. It's a rule."

"Oh, okay. Then yeah, I pinky promise that I'll control my moods from now on," I wrapped my pinky around hers.

She smiled at me. I want to be the only one to see her smile when she's blushing.

"Hey, do you want to go to a park?" I asked as I started driving again. I snuck a glance at Sana to see that she was still petting Lil Paws.

"That would be nice," She replied, not looking up from Lil Paws. I smiled at how cute she looked. I hummed in response.

I made a u-turn knowing that the closest park is in the direction opposite from where we were originally headed. The car ride was silent, but it was comfortable. Not in any way did it feel like it was awkward. We got there sooner than expected. I smiled as I got out of the car and opened the door for Sana to get out.

"Thanks," She mumbled to me as she showed me a small smile.

"Your welcome," I replied as I smiled in return.

Lil Paws interrupted the smiles we were giving each other with a small meow. He then started to squirm in Sana's arms.

"I think he wants to get down," Sana suggested.

"You're probably right," I replied.

"But we didn't get him a leash or anything that would make it safe for him to walk around freely," Sana answered worriedly. Lil Paws continued squirming.

"It's ok, just let him down. If he tries to run away I'll get him," I reassured the girl in front of me. Sana looked at me with a worried look, to which I returned with a smile and a nod. She then placed Lil Paws on the ground. He looked confused.

Lil Paws took this chance to recognize our scent. Or at least that's what I think he was doing. I mean putting his nose closer to my leg and seeing his nose twitch is like a hint as to what he's doing. Lil Paws went on to sniff Sana's leg and then circled both of us. He didn't run away.

"He's a smart kitten," Sana said with a smile. Her worries washed away. That's good.

"He'll grow up to be smart them. I mean hopefully. I don't know if cats can lose brain cells like the way I did," I joked. Even though I knew it wasn't a funny joke, Sana still laughed. Her laugh filled the silence of the park. It then quieted down to a few soft giggles. "What I said wasn't even funny. Why'd you laugh?"

"I laughed because of the fact it wasn't funny," Sana smiled at me. She then looked away shyly. "It was actually really cute too."

I couldn't hide the blush that formed on my face. I felt my cheeks and ears heat up rapidly. I knew that the blush that formed was a dark red. No one's ever made me blush like this before.