-powdersoft memories-

-some fluff catradora experience-

"catra, hurry up! you don't wanna miss it in case it ends!"

"I'm coming! I'm coming." catra responded, sliding on some boots.

adora slid the entrance door of the castle and quickly threw on an red scarf, letting the cold air in as catra followed quickly behind, trying to catch up.

"woah.."

it was snowing heavily, but just gentle enough not to be a blizzard. they both hadn't seen or felt snow since the whispering woods had frozen over following the battle of bright moon, but it didn't feel quite like this. it felt, nice.

breathing in the cold air, they stood together in awe as the snowflakes fell gracefully onto the kingdoms grounds.

they've never been able to really experience snow, the horde often kept their cadets confined and devoid of much view of the outside world, which only looked onto more horde territory for the most part.

it was a moment where they were able to experience being a kid again, and they enjoyed every bit of it.

"hey! let's go over there!"

adora excitedly grabbed catra's hand and intertwined their fingers as they headed over to a high pile of snow.

they fumbled around like small children, touching the cold, large pile of snow.

"hey, adora, what's that over there?" catra pointed, smirking as she did so.

just as planned, adora curiously looked into the direction catra guided her, while catra sneakily cupped a piece of snow into her palm, molding it as adora was distracted.

"I don't..I don't see any-AGhhH!!!"

catra burst out laughing as adora turned around to be met with cold, cold snow in her hair, frozen in shock.

"CATRA!!" she sighed playfully, running a hand through her ponytail that was now wet with snow. "oooh, you're gonna get it."

"you're going to have to get me first!"

they ran around and chased each other, just as they had when they were small children in the halls of the frightzone; this time with no one able to stop them.

adora caught up to catra, tackling each other and play fighting  as adora finally pinned her on the ground and the both burst out into laughter as catra pushed her off teasingly.

they took took a moment to rest and laid in the fresh, powdered snow.

"yaknow, I haven't felt like that in a looong time." catra chuckled, "feels nice just to have a break from all the horde attacks and fighting."

"yeah, it really does, doesn't it?"

"yeah!" catra sighed, "thanks adora,"

"we needed this."