-impaired idol-

-takes place after multiple armies of horde soldiers enter the whispering woods to attack bright moon again, but fail-

"adooooora?"

"adOOOOOOORa???" catra's voice echoed throughout the whispering woods, searching for her lost friend. she and all of the other princesses had been separated from her during the battle, leaving them to all search for adora, but without much luck.

walking around for a while longer, catra's ears perked up and she heard soft groans of restrained pain; she drew near instinctively, calling out quieter,

"adora..?"

she brushed away vines and the thick foliage to reveal adora as she-ra, sitting on the grass as she held onto her sword; wincing in slight pain as she looked up to see catra.

"catra." she sighed with relief.

"h-hey, adora..?"
"are you okay? you seem..out of it."

"we've all been worried and looking for you."

"oh yeah I think I'm fine. I mean it's not too bad, I don't think?" adora said questionably, getting up using her sword as balance but quickly felt a sharp pain shoot through her right leg.

"aGgh!" she quietly groaned as best she could, but stood her ground, despite feeling a bit weak.

"ADORA!" catra grew worrisome, running over to adora and placing her hands on both of her shoulders. "adora, you're definitely not okay, what even happened back there?"

"horde soldiers, overwhelming amount, grabbed ahold of my leg with restraints as well as the rest of my body," adora sighed and continued,
"mostly at my feet, tried to drag me but I broke free and they all ran once I intimidated them and destroyed all their plans of escaping; messed up something with my right foot but I'm sure it's not that bad," she insisted.

"adora, are you kidding me? I know you best out of everyone in the rebellion, probably even better than you know yourself and I'm definitely not falling for that. we talked about this! it's okay," catra softened up, her tone almost motherly as she knelt down to look at her leg, checking for anything.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry, it's still a habit." adora said exhaustedly-
"wait, wh-what are you doing?" the tall blonde blushed slightly, looking down at catra.

"looking at your leg, dummy! you should know I care about you a lot, yaknow.." catra dropped her face, slightly blushing but focusing. "anyway, mind me taking this boot off so I can see what's wrong?

————
catra slid her boot back on carefully, not wanting to cause adora any more pain, and sighed,

"yeah, that doesn't look good, adora, there's nothing much I can do though until we bring you back to bright moon," catra stood up after looking at her wounded ankle.

"well, in that case,"
adora de-transformed, stumbling and falling slightly where catra instinctively caught her.

"I'm-" she blushed out of embarrassment, "do you mind helping me? I'm not as strong as she-ra in my normal form.."

"pff, of course, adora. I'll be there whenever you need me," catra softly looked into adora's eyes, putting an arm underneath her left to help balance her and keep her from falling.

they met eyes, looking into each other's; and as if in unison, they said "I look out for you, and you look after me."

they both giggled, recalling that memory and the past that distorted it.

"cmon, lets get you back to bright moon, I'm sure everyone's worried sick." catra said, "I'll make sure to let them know I found you."

adora nervously laughed, knowing just how bad this would be once they arrived, and catra could sense it.

————

part two :)? I enjoyed writing this first part so I definitely want to continue!