-longlived slowburn-

-continuation of rekindling sparks, and souls aflame-
-I am also so terribly sorry, I kinda lost motivation for a while! I have other chapters hopefully coming soon, but for now I tried to make this extra long!-

"okay, okay, go change! bow is gonna be here soon."

adora giggled softly, with a hint of nervousness  "alright."

her mind was panicking; and she wasn't even on her way there.

————

no reason to be nervous. she's just another girl. catra made her way downstairs to their front door, shutting it behind her as she prepared herself for the walk to mermista's.

..a girl you haven't talked to in years. catra chuckled to herself.

this is going to be fun, isn't it?

————

adora looked over thoughtfully to the selection of clothing glimmer had set out for her, almost admiring and examining it.

a simple white undershirt with a dim red collared shirt that had a small hue of dusty orange to it, along with some grey jeans.

she had to admit, it was very much like her, simplistic yet pleasing. she was more than satisfied. enthusiastic, she quickly put the outfit on, slipping on some generic shoes.

she readjusted her collar, digging out the parts that had folded in. she then buttoned her shirt, but enough for the white to shine through.

she looked in the mirror, liking her appearance for a change.

"okay, glimmer!" adora raised her voice slightly.

glimmer opened the door, getting a good look at adora. "it looks great on you!"

"thanks, glimmer."

"of course, I know you're not really the fashionable type, so it was the least I could do," she said as she nudged adora lightly.

adora chuckled,  "pfft, okay."

they heard the front door open from downstairs, followed by the click as the door had been shut and the lock set in place.

glimmer turned her head, looking behind herself with an almost shocked expression, as adora did the same. the pink haired girl called out, "bow?"

a voice echoed as steps growing closer as they traveled up the flight of stairs responded, "yeah?"

glimmer sighed, quietly speaking, "oh, thank gosh."

"bow? how did you..?" adora questioned, as he now stood in the doorway. "you guys left the door open. y'know, you two should be more careful."

adora and glimmer gave each other a certain
look that perfectly spoke for each of them.

"aNyway, we don't wanna be late, so let's go already!"

adora gulped down a sudden rush of anxiety that flowed through her, then nodded, following behind as they made their way downstairs to the car waiting for them.