-stargazing-

-takes place where catra joins the rebellion, and the princess alliance and many others defeated horde prime, where etheria is finally pulled out of despondos-

adora and catra sat on the hills surrounding brightmoon, having a full view of the starry night sky and admiring every bit of it.

catra kept glancing over to adora, whose eyes were beaming and which glimmered in awe. neither of them had ever seen stars before, no one had; at least for a very long time since mara.

catra hesitated, gulping down her nerves she apparently had. she wasn't exactly sure why she was so nervous; adora is her best friend! why would she need to be? yet, here she was.

she mustered up the courage, slightly cursing at herself in her mind and took a chance.

"hey, adora?"

this startled adora for a moment, before she responded, "yeah, catra?" she looked into her eyes innocently, which only made catra melt even more as she quickly looked away, not trying to make her mind panic.

"okay...I know, this is gonna sound weird but,"

"do you, ever just feel really, weird?...around each other? or..is that just me?"

adora tilted her head slightly, completely oblivious, but thought for a moment.

"mmm...what do you mean?" adora looked visibly nervous, fidgeting her fingers as the cooling breeze eased them both, but only slightly. she wasn't aware she was, she was not in control of her emotions in the moment.

"i-," catra sighed, "I- i don't know. I don't know!" she raised her voice slightly. "it's just, weird. I, really don't know what it is," catra motioned her hand to her chest, clenching her shirt tightly, "sometimes, I feel this sort of rush. like a rush of adrenaline that just kicks in sometimes. when I see you." she looked up the stars once more.

catra held in her thoughts, her mind arguing and yelling at herself for seeming so stupid.
adora looked down; also clenching her chest slightly.

"it's okay if you don't, I just didn't-, I still don't know what it is," catra softened, while adora thought, and she turned to catra, making her heart flutter.

"no, I think I feel it too," adora said sweetly. "it almost feels like I'm nervous, but, in a good way. like it's anxiety, but it's also reassuring and pure," she trailed on, then chuckled, "I hope that makes sense."

"yeah, that's it! it feels like that, it's so odd, right?"

"it is, but it's also kinda...nice?"

"yeah..it is" catra agreed, rubbing her cheek while noticing adora's expression quickly shifted.

she looked down at adora's hand, placed on the grounds of brightmoon."hey..." sheepishly, catra took her hand into her own. "are you still worried about everything? I know how stressful it was and still is for you, ya'know, being she-ra. I don't know how you do it," catra sighed, "but, that's what I admire about you."

adora was startled by catra's sudden actions, but grinned at her widely while her cheeks flushed a small hue of pink.

"it definitely has been, but I guess I'm just relieved, I'm sure we all are, after almost all dying and all," she nervously laughed, "I'm just glad it's all over but, it feels like everything happened so fast, it was overwhelming, and it was obvious it got to a lot of us."

catra gently let go of her hand smoothly, causing adora to look down at it. "I'm just glad it's all over for now, the major stuff at least. but you're right. we're just starting to actually figure stuff out, with the coronation and me joining the rebellion, with the horde, with space, it's been a heck of a lot," catra said, rubbing the back of her neck.