Story 2 || 04

Chapter 4 :  The Devil's Diabolic Anger

Gauri had never felt so trapped. She wasn't comfortable at all. Suddenly the over sweetness of the Oberoi family members was too much to take. Anika didn't speak a word to her. She had tried thrice to strike a causal conversation.

She sat simply looking at the dresses while Anika went inside to try each of the selected. It was the third time when Anika disappeared inside, that Pinky excused herself leaving only Shivaay and Gauri. Gauri was awkward as he smiled at her formally. Their glances met occasionally. She wondered whether she should talk it out with him. She looked around carefully.

While Gauri stared at the servant arranging the dinning table at a distance. Shivaay called her name.She swiped her gaze around to rest it at him.

"Ahh, Anika told me you aren't happy with our engagement." Shivaay started. It was awkward to start the conversation.

"Shivaay, it isn't that way." Gauri managed to say softly, quickly glancing around. "It's just that.. I want the best for her. She's.." Gauri quickly fell silent noticing Anika coming. Shivaay understood and focused his attention all to his to-be-wife. She looked gorgeous. She hadn't done her hair fancily neither had any make-up on. If she looked so beautiful now he wondered how breathtaking she'd look if she made efforts to look still beautiful. "You look amazing." His voice came out as just a whisper.

Anika smiled looking up and then blushed at the way Shivaay looked at her. Gauri quickly looked down at the other dresses feeling awkward. Then she looked up when she heard Shivaay ask her opinion. "It looks lovely." She said softly looking at her sister's almond shaped eyes that caught hers then looked away.

"Thanks." Anika murmured. Walking over to Shivaay's side. "This is the last one I am trying." She said picking up the golden dress and walking back into the room.

A few seconds of silence passed and Shivaay looked at Gauri again. "You were saying something."

Gauri tucked her hair behind her ear nervously. "I was wondering if we could talk. Not here. " she added the latter quickly. Once again her glance went around the room in apprehension. 

"Alright. Just drop me a message. Or call. Whenever you want I will be there. I understand.."

"Tomorrow morning?" Gauri asked quickly."Or evening, whatever's okay."

"Morning seems okay. Anyway I go out for a walk, I will.."

"Richard's park? Near our apartment at seven?"

"Perfect." Shivaay said looking at her oddly.

Gauri almost jumped out of her skin when she heard her phone beep. She hurriedly took out her phone, sweat beads on her forehead and her heart ramming madly in her ribcage.

She unlocked the screen and let out a breath she had been holding due to the fear. It was a promotion text message from the network provider. She looked up relieved, only to find Shivaay's watchful eyes on her. With much effort she pulled her lips into a smile and shook her head.

* * *

Gauri hurriedly walked into the elevator of the Oberoi enterprises and pressed the button shining with a red thirteen. She turned to the mirror running her hand over her hair, then tying it into a ponytail. She gave a quick checking look to her white shirt tucked in neatly into the waist band of her formal pants.

She bit her lower lip in nervousness. She took a deep breath as the elevator's display flashed a red thirteen. She was two minutes early. She greeted Arun who sat at the entry of the office area. The entire floor had restricted entry.