FF #3 || Chapter 6

Chapter 6 : A Twist In The Case

O M K A R A

I lazily walked over the cobbled path over to the entrance of mansion. It was the first ever time I had dropped Gauri home. I had no clue what had got into mom. Ever since I had mentioned about Gauri to her she seemed so interested in her. Albeit I admit I never imagined she'd show up at the office. To add to that whatever she had said about Gauri. Thankfully, Gauri wasn't present at the moment. She was a sweet girl. The last thing I would want to spoil is the friendship that was growing between us. I did sense her discomfort at a few remarks my mother made in humor. I shook my head, smiling. That woman was different. I had many female friends but Gauri was so different. Perhaps the little age gap made the difference. But what was even wrong with mom to think I was interested in her. Mom knew my choice. I had always had an affinity for women with strong aura, confident and focused aim in life. Gauri was happy-go-lucky and had an laid back attitude towards life kind.

I had barely reached the corridor when Rudra pulled me to the poolside. Oh, it had been a while we three brothers had a bro-time.

"Shivaay bhaiya, see who I found?"

"Tell me a ghost." Shivaay said not looking up from his mobile screen.

"A long haired one!" Rudra chuckled, and I shrugged his hand of my shoulder smacking the back of his head while Shivaay looked up. I smiled giving him a hug.

"Where have you been, man?"

"Bhaiya, like we don't know." Rudra smirked sitting beside me. I gave him a weird look.

"Oh yes!" Shivaay grinned.

"Guys what's wrong?" I asked looking from one face to the other.

"What's wrong? You're a cheater. You broke the bro-code." Rudra spoke in his popular dramatic tone.

Correction over-dramatic.

"By coming late a few nights? I was busy with the cases."

"Liar, liar, pants on fire." He still whined like he did when he had first learnt that phrase- first grade perhaps!

"Shut up Rudra!" I shot a glare his way.

I felt Shivaay's hand on my back. "When do you plan to tell 'us' about her?"

I turned to him, baffled. "About whom?"

"Your VERY PERSONAL ASSISTANT. Mom told us about her and you today." Rudra broke into the conversation.

"What!" I almost shouted."God, what's wrong with mom these days?"

"Nothing's wrong with her. Everything's wrong with you bro!" Rudra said

"Look guys. I have no clue what's got into mom. Just because I am busy with work at office she thinks I am interested in Gauri. It's not so. You guys know the kind of woman I'd be with and Gauri is far from that. She's two year junior to me. Mom is affected by the get-my-son-married-syndrome. " I spoke covering my face with my palms.

I felt Shivaay's hand patting my back. "If Badi Maa thinks something is there, well then..umm, she's good with her analysis skills you know."

I turned to Shivaay showing him how disappointed I was that he was not on my side.

"Bhaiya is right. You know once, what happened. I will tell you. I came back..." And there Rudra began animatedly narrating how mom always knew everything. Foolish man had very bad orator skills. He'd always turn away from his audience and speak, as though some imaginary camera was shooting his expressions.I had tried a hundred time to teach him orating skills. Never worked.