New Challengers and Old Challenges

Here's the next chapter. Hope you enjoy! Sorry for not writing out some of the fight scenes this volume, but I wouldn't have been posting right now if I went and did all of those. There would have been 3 of them in this chapter alone. Anyway, read this part and enjoy!

(POV: Y/N) 

Yang: I'll have a bowl of the regular, please.

He slides a bowl towards Yang.

Ruby: Ooh! I'll take a same!

He slides another bowl of regular noodles toward Ruby.

(Y/N): Gimme a bowl of the spicy noodles. Those ones are my favorites.

He slides a bowl of spicy noodles at me and Ruby looks at me with concern.

(Y/N): What? I like to live a dangerous life too ya know! Plus, Shopkeep's got the spiciest noodles in Vale.

Weiss: Do you have anything with low salt?

(Y/N): Low salt? Do you even noodles?

He slides another bowl of regulars at Weiss.

Weiss: Um... okay...

Blake nods at Shopkeep and he nods back at her. He rushes into the kitchen and rushes out with a bowl of fish noodles. He puts it in front if Blake and she stares at it, drooling and with stars in her eyes.

(Y/N): You a jukebox hero?

Blake: What?

(Y/N): Ugh! For fricks sake!

Weiss hands Shopkeep her shiny credit card. Knowing what was about to happen, I got some Lien from my bank account to cover my team and half of JNPR in advance. Seeing as I didn't wanna use all my funds on lunch, I was hoping they could help me out.

Yang: Aw, Weiss! What's the occasion?

Weiss: Consider it thanks for sending me to the doubles round!

Shopkeep throws her card at her and it lands in the table. We look to see an angry Shopkeep pointing to the "declined" sign at the register.

Weiss: What!? How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance!

Blake tries to pull the bowl closer to her but shopkeep takes it away.

Blake: Noo!

Pyrrha: Maybe I could help?

We turn to see team JNPR. Pyrrha and Jaune are holding hands and I smile.

Ruby: Pyrrha!

Yang: Aw, you don't have to!

Blake: But she could!

(Y/N): Don't worry about it. I've got enough to cover my team.

Blake: And why didn't you say anything!?

(Y/N): I did just now.

Pyrrha: Well, I think you all earned it after that battle.

Jaune: Mind if we join you?

(Y/N): Of course! I've got some to cover two of you. Pyrrha, could you help with the rest please?

Pyrrha: Of course! Thanks for letting us join!

Jaune: Pyrrha wanted to eat, so we decided to look around here. We saw you guys, so we thought, why not hang out?

(Y/N): Well, you know what they say! The more the merrier!

After eating an bowl of noodles, we all feel relaxed and full. JNPR looks the same... well, except for Jaune.

Ren: Are you sure it's wise to have eaten before a fight?