Home (Bonus Chapter)

Here's the bonus chapter for volume 3. I still haven't finished volume 4 yet cuz school, but I will try to finish that up as soon as I can. Enjoy!

(POV: Ruby)

I wake up and I'm in my bed. Dad is sitting in a chair in front of me. I sit up and he wakes up.

Tai: Ruby! You're awake!

Ruby: What happened?

Tai: (sighs) You're uncle Qrow found you, unconscious. He got you both out of there though. He brought you home safe.

Ruby: Wait! Yang! Is she alright!?

Tai: Uh... she's uh... She's gonna be alright. I think she's... I think it's just gonna take some time for her to get used to things. She's to strong to let this stop her. (Sniffles) I'm just glad to have my girls back home.

Ruby: What happened to the school? And Vale? Were they able to clear out the grimm?

Tai: Things in Vale are under control, but the school? It's... it's not that simple. That thing... whatever it is... it doesn't seem to be dead. Don't get me wrong. You did a number on it. But, it's not disappearing. It's... kind of... frozen. I know that doesn't sound to bad, but... it keeps attracting more grimm to the school.

Ruby: I did... what? You said I did a number on it... what do you mean?

Tai: I... look. That's not important right now. We can talk about it later. Things are just... kind of a mess.

Qrow: It's always a mess.

Uncle Qrow finishes the contents of his flask.

Qrow: Mind if we have a minute?

Tai: What, I can't stay here?

Qrow: Tai... please.

Dad sighs and stands up. He kisses my head.

Tai: I'm glad you're alright. (Walks away) I'll go make us some tea.

Uncle Qrow pulls up a chair. He sits down next to my bed.

Qrow: So, how you feeling?

Ruby: Um, uh... I kind of hurt... all over...

Qrow: Hehe... that makes sense. After what you did.

Ruby: You guys keep saying that. That I did something. What are you talking about!?

Qrow: What's the last thing you remember?

Ruby: I ran up the side of the tower... and when I got to the top... I... (gasp) (Y/N)! Is he...

Qrow: He's... breathing... He was shot through the heart. That's not exactly something you can walk off. He had something to stop the bullet, but he was unconscious when we found him too.

Ruby: (Crying) I... got to the top... and I saw Pyrrha... and (Y/N)... and Cinder... and then everything went white...

Qrow: Anything else?

Ruby: I remember... my head hurting...

Qrow: The night you met Ozpin... what was the first thing he said to you?

Ruby: Uh... I... I don't know... I think it was something about...

Qrow: Silver eyes. That's an extremely rare trait.

Ruby: So?

Qrow: You're special, Ruby. And not in the daddy loves his special angel kind of way. You're special the same way your mom was. Remnant's full of legends and stories. Some of them true, some made up. But there's one Oz told me from a very long time ago. Back before Huntsman. Before kingdoms. It said that those born with silver eyes were destined to lead the life of a warrior. You see, the creatures of grimm. The most fearsome creatures mankind ever encountered, were afraid of those silver eyed warriors. They were the best of the best. It was said that even a single look from one of these fighters could strike a grimm down. Heh... It's a ridiculous story.