Beacon

The last chapter for the last episode of the volume. Sorry if it seems a little short. I hope yall have enjoyed volume 3 so far and I hope you keep on reading as I finish up volume 4. It may take a while because of school, but i will always find the time to try and write as much as I can. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

(POV: Ruby)

We run down the Janitorial closet in the Arena and (Y/N) is holding my hand with that look on his face. The heroic look of determination that he always has when we're fighting. Only this time, I can see a hint of fear in his face. We both stop as we see Mercury. Here and walking properly.

Ruby: Mercury?

Port: It looks like our first contender is Penny Polendina from Atlas!

Ruby: What are you doing?

Port: And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos from Beacon!

Ruby: No...

Mercury: Ooh, polarity VS metal. That could be bad.

(Y/N): Get out of my way, or I'll rip those tin legs right off of you.

I reach for Crescent Rose, but I forgot to bring it. (Y/N) pulls out Fate's Protector and points one of them at Mercury. He hands me the other and Mercury gets in a fighting stance.

Ruby: Mercury, what are you doing? You were hurt! Why? What's going on?

Mercury: Oh, he never told you? You're a pretty bad boyfriend, Scott Pilgrim.

Ruby: If you're not going to tell me...

I step to my side and Mercury does the same. I step to the other side and he copies me again.

Oobleck: 3... 2... 1...

(Y/N): Holy crap. Why does nobody ever use their semblance?

Ruby: What do you mea-

(POV: 3rd)

Oobleck: Begin!

You activate your semblance and flick Mercury's in the head. He flies back as you deactivate it and when you walk up to him, he's out cold.

(Y/N): I have a idea but I don't have much time.

Ruby: What is it?

You look over and see some cans of red paint. You pop one open and stick your finger into it. You draw lines next to your lips and face a hand stain on your chest.

(Y/N): I'm gonna go a little insane. Go to where Emerald is and knock her out.

Ruby: Wait, so what are you gonna do?

(Y/N): What has to happen.

You activate your semblance and pick up Mercury. You run to the battlefield and knock out the Atlesean knight security. You jump in front of Pyrrha and Penny and use Fate's Protector to cut the cables off from Penny. You deactivate your semblance and the blades drop to the floor. Pyrrha stops fighting and gains a confused look.

Pyrrha: (Y/N)?

Port: Mr (L/N), please leave the battlefield immediately!

(Y/N): I can't! I....

You see that security is getting closer and that Ruby was successful in knocking out Emerald.

Pyrrha: Is that Mercury?

Penny: (Y/N)? Why are you here?

(Y/N): Nothing will happen to either of you! EVERYONE! LOOK AT ME!