Into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul | 005

"Into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul"ᛡᛡᛡ

ᛡᛡᛡ

WHEN HER SCHEDULE RESUMED Juliet found it harder and harder to adjust again. She had so much on her mind and not enough time to truly understand what was happening. She was doing just fine with homework and missing materials, it being constantly surrounded by people who didn't know anything about her who were acting like her best friends. Case one,  Severus Snape. The boy didn't even know her birthday and he was acting like an overprotective father.

Juliet just tried her best to brush it all off though. This was life, and hers was being shortened by the minute. So, she was going to make the most of it. "Julie... Juliet!" Juliet was pulled from her own thoughts when Narcissa slammed her hand on the table. "What? Shit, i'm sorry, what were you saying?" Narcissa gave her a look before going back to what she was talking about. "So, I talked to my parents, and Lucius's too, and they both said that they'd love to have you attend the wedding!"

Juliet tried to mirror Narcissa excitement. Of course Juliet was excited and extremely happy for her friend, but Juliet was so far out of it mentally. "That's lovely, Narcissa!" Juliet grabbed her friends hands and gave her a bright smile. "I know! And you can see me at my last dress fitting, and we can go and get a dress for to wear! Oh, it's just going to be great!" Juliet laughed at her friend and Narcissa started putting together a plan for them.

As Narcissa was going on Juliet turned her head to the side, only to meet eyes with a staring Remus Lupin. The boy quickly got flustered and gave her a goofy smile. Juliet felt her cheeks get warm as she smile back at him. Narcissa stopped and looked over at what had Juliet's attention before noticing the smiles on both of their faces. "So, a Gryffindor, huh?" Juliet's head snapped towards a smirking Narcissa. "W-What? No, it's not like that," Narcissa laughed as Juliet tried to brush it off.

"Well, if you ask me, I think he has a crush on you," Narcissa casually said as she flipped through her notebook. "Really?" Juliet asked as she looked down at her hands on the table. "Yes, I mean, with the way he kept check on you, that's not just something a new friend would do. And when he talked to me about you, boy, did he sound amazed," Juliet was now as red as a fire truck, and it was obvious she was trying her best to stay calm. "You're doing this on purpose, Narcissa." Juliet covered her face.

Narcissa started laughing at her friend and pointed an accusing finger at her, "You totally like him! I knew it!" Juliet shushed her and leaned her head on the table. "It's okay to have a crush, Julie, for Merlin's sake, I think this is the first time you've ever expressed any kind of interest in someone," Narcissa tried to reassure her friend. "It's not that simple, Narcissa..." Juliet mumbled. "What do you mean?" Juliet's words confused the girl deeply. "It's just-... It's nothing."

ᛡᛡᛡ

Dinner time had quickly approached them and Juliet made her way to the Grand Hall with her book bag in her hands. When the girl walked in she was greeted with the loud sounds of her three Gryffindor friends teasing the fourth one. "Mr. Moony! Have you fallen in love?" Sirius was shaking arm as he teased. "I think Mr. Moony has, look at him, all grown up!" James added from across the table. Juliet walked over to them and placed a hand on Remus's shoulder.

"What's going on here?" She asked them with a smile. Juliet noticed Remus turn red and look away. The other three just grinned at her. "Oh, nothing at all," Sirius told her. Juliet looked towards Remus, who was now looking back at her. "Hey," Remus said with smile. "How are feeling?" He asked her. "I'm feeling good," Juliet answered, smiling back at him. "That's good,"

The boys just stared at the two. "How about you sit with us?" James suggested to Juliet who tore her gaze from Remus and looked at James like he was mad. "You really think that would go over well?" Sarcasm laced Juliet's words. "What harm can it do?" James shot back. Sirius pulled her down to sit between him and Remus.

Juliet looked around and watched as the Gryffindor students whisper and glance. "Guys, I really shouldn't be sitting here," Juliet whispered to them. Sirius looked around at the students and sighed. The boy stood up and slammed his hands on the table, causing Juliet to flinch and lean into Remus. Remus had a shocked expression and pulled Juliet closer to him.

"Anything to say?!" Sirius called out as he turned to face both sides of the table. "Sirius!" Remus hissed out. "No?" He called out again. The hall was quiet. "That's what I thought." Sirius sat back down in his seat and the hall erupted in whispers and hushed voices. "That was incredible!" James started laughing, Peter joining him. Juliet and Remus didn't look to impressed.

ᛡᛡᛡ

"Come on, Moony! Just admit it!" Sirius continued to press. "Sirius." Remus gave Sirius a glare. "Remus, just admit it! We can all see it, you just need to answer us!" James joined. "There's nothing to admit!" Remus exclaimed, he was getting annoyed. "Don't just brush it off, mate," Sirius was on a mission. He wasn't going to stop bothering Remus until he confessed he has a crush on Juliet.

"Okay! fine! Yes I find her attractive, and yes, she has this way of making hours seem like minutes when she talks to me! I like her, alright. She's like this untouchable piece of art that has meaning beyond words, and so many secrets and mysteries, but she is sick. She could never be with me, even if she wanted to be. What I am is uncontrollable, and it would kill her! I can't be the reason she dies... I just can't..."

The room was silent as the three boys watched Remus slowly fall apart. James and Sirius shared a knowing look. "Mate..." James trailed off. The boy pulled Remus into a tight hug. Sirius joined in after, and then Peter. "We all know you care about her, and it's so obvious she cares about you, too. Don't let what happened to you be the reason you stop yourself from falling in love." James pat Remus's back as the boy started crying in his friends embrace.

ᛡᛡᛡ

Juliet sat on her bed brushing her hair. In the bed next to her was Narcissa, they had the room to themselves at the moment. They hadn't said anything to each other. Juliet shifted uncomfortably in the silence, but Narcissa seemed unbothered. "So, how was dinner?" Narcissa asked as she stared down at her magazine. "I think I overheard something I shouldn't have..." Juliet had a slight frown tugging at her lips. "What?" Narcissa looked up at her.

"When I was walking over, Sirius and James were making fun of Remus about being.. in love..." Narcissa looked alarmed and let her legs hand over the side of her bed as she waited for Juliet to continue. "I haven't know him for that long... But do you think they were referring to him being in love with... me?" Juliet turned her head to her friend. "Juliet, don't think of this as some kind of epic love story, okay? Maybe you two will get together, but you have to remember, those boys are unpredictable and reckless. I couldn't stand to see you get hurt."

Juliet let Narcissa's words cloud her mind. "Don't let my opinion stop you, if you like him, go for it, but just... be careful, please." Narcissa begged her friend. Juliet nodded and glanced down at her fidgeting hands.

She knew she wasn't going to be able to sleep now.