Home is where the heart is | 009

"Home is where the heart is

"Home is where the heart is."
ᛡᛡᛡ

JULIET STOOD SIDE-BY-SIDE with the Marauders as the got off the Hogwarts Express. They were all looking for specific people. Remus was looking for his parents, same with Peter, Sirius was look for the Potters, and James was looking for a certain Lily Evans. They had just went on their first date a week-and-a-half ago and Juliet had never seen James more elated. 

She pulled out of her thoughts when she felt Remus tug on her hand slightly and nodded his head in the direction of his parents. The two of them said their goodbyes to others, Peter coming in to hug Juliet causing a large smile to grace her features at his affection. Remus felt a sense of joy creep up, he knew that small action would typically make him jealous, but he loved seeing his friends make Juliet happy. Juliet grabbed the handle on her trunk and they turned to make their way towards the Lupin parents.

Remus's father, who's name she learned was Lyall, was a tall man, he reminded her of an American Lumberjack. Lyall had a strong body build and brown hair similar to Remus's, but his had a faint copper tint that she could tell had faded with age. His eyes beamed as he watched his son walk hand-in-hand with a young witch.

And his mother, Hope, was gorgeous to Juliet. She had this soft blonde hair and brilliant blue eyes that had looked like she had seen the world ten times over. Her face had wrinkles near her smile lines telling Juliet that the woman smiled a lot. The only thing that worried her was how thin Hope Lupin looked. Hope reminded Juliet of herself, the skinniness and pale tones from her illness taking a toll on her body.

"Remus! My boy!" Lyall had pulled his son into a tight hug causing Remus to let out a laugh and hug in back. Hope smiled with the light of a thousand stars and reached her hands out to hold Juliet's. Juliet let the woman hold them and tried to return the smile she held, but she didn't think she could achieve the joy the woman carried. "You are so much prettier than I could have imagined, dear, it's lovely to finally meet you," Hope's words made the young witch flush slightly. "It's great to meet you too."

Remus pulled away from his dad stepped back towards Juliet. "Mum, Dad, this is Juliet Reed," He introduced her and she turned her attention to Lyall. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Lupin, thank you both for inviting me to stay," Her Russian accent was thick in her words, causing the adults to grin. Lyall leaned forward and pulled Juliet into a crushing hug. She laughed at him and returned the embrace. "Dad! Be careful, you don't need to break her bones!" Remus exclaimed at his father, Hope laughing in background. "Sorry, sorry." He let her go.

"Come on, we must get home quickly so I can cook dinner at an appropriate time." Hope stepped up to rest her hand on her sons shoulder and the other on Juliet's. "I heard you like Varenniki?"