What a plot twist you are | 008

"What a plot twist you are"ᛡᛡᛡ

ᛡᛡᛡ

TO SAY THAT REMUS WAS becoming extremely protective of Juliet was an understatement. He would walk her from class to class, and even show up late to his own to make sure she got to her seat. He had even stopped Narcissa to ask her if she knew about Juliet. But, even in Remus's overprotectiveness, he would still hesitantly reach over to rest his hand on top of hers and lace their fingers together.

Remus and Juliet sat in the library with James, Sirius, and Peter. The other boys were crumpling up papers and throwing them at each other, while Remus and Juliet were talking quietly amongst themselves. Christmas was coming up soon and with that Juliet's return home and Narcissa's wedding. But, Remus, as nervous as he was, was requested to invite Juliet over to spend Christmas with them, since her parents would be heading back to Russia without her.

Remus knew his parents thought that Juliet was his girlfriend. And in a way, she was, but they didn't want to make anything official before they both became of age and Juliet could leave her parents home. He was incredibly nervous to ask her to spend the holidays with his family, especially because there would be a full moon on the 27th. But he was going to ask her anyway.

Remus reached over and laced his fingers through Juliet's gently, causing her to smile softly at the sight and look up at him. "So, I know you have a wedding to attend, but my parents... They don't want you alone on the holidays, and wanted to know if... you wanted to stay with us?" Remus's tone was hesitant. Juliet's expression turned to shock, which then became a smile.

Juliet squeezed his hand and nodded. "I'd love to stay with you and your parents." The boys went and then immediately starting aweing at each other, causing Remus to pick up one of the crumpled papers and throw it at them. Juliet laughed at the sight. She knew how much these boys loved each other.

"Spending the holidays in Mr. Lupin's bed now are we?" Sirius joked as he leaned towards Juliet. Juliet's face flushed a bright red and so did Remus's. Remus picked up and book and held it threateningly causing Sirius to shoot back. "You wouldn't!" Sirius exclaimed, ready to jump from his seat. "Oh really?" Remus said.

Sirius jumped up and took off from his chair, causing Remus to chase after him. The rest of them laughed at the two.

ᛡᛡᛡ

The boys were far ahead of Remus and Juliet as they walked to the Gryffindor commons room, Remus and Juliet had their shoulders brushing against each other and small smiles on their faces. "You know, if you don't want to spend Christmas with us, that's completely fine, my parents were just offering," Remus spoke up causing Juliet to chuckle. "Remus, I want to go with you and meet your parents. Plus, Narcissa's wedding is on that night, so I won't be back until later. You don't have to worry about anything," Juliet tried to reassure him.

Remus nodded and gave Juliet a bright grin. "Okay... Okay, great!" Remus exclaimed and laughed. "You know, my parents are going to adore you. I genuinely think they might love you more than they love me." Remus was practically bouncing with excitement as he walked with her. Juliet just watched him with a smile.

This boy was the one who would timidly hold her hand or kiss her on the check. This was the boy who would give her chocolate to make sure she was smiling before they even started talking. And this was the boy who was going to spend his only time until the summer at home with her.

"You know, my mother makes awesome Christmas cookies. Like, seriously, they're the best," He told her while walking backwards to face her. "I'm sure they're going to be great, Remus," Juliet agreed with him. "This is going to be great!"

ᛡᛡᛡ

Juliet was sitting on one of the couches in the Gryffindor commons area, her legs crossed while her eyes skimmed over the words on her book. "Okay, you have to tell me, I still can't figure it out!" James exclaimed and he sat on his knees on the floor in front of her. "What?" She looked up, confused. "You! How are you a Snake? It doesn't make any sense! You're like one of the bravest bloody people I know!" James was almost frustrated. "I've been asking myself that since First Year, James," Juliet almost chuckled and closed her book.

"No, Juliet, you... You don't fit in with them, but here, everyone has learned to enjoy your presence. Narcissa may have told Remus and Sirius and the little... chat you had with Regulus the other night." Juliet rolled her eyes playfully and shifted in her seat. "Regulus Black is the last thing on my mind. Honestly, James, I've never paid much attention to my house. For the longest time, I had my brother and that was enough for me. But now I have you guys, and I'm happy with that. My house doesn't matter, your house doesn't matter, what matters is friendship we have." Juliet smiled at him before scooting off the couch to sit in front of him on the floor.

James thought about what she said for a minute because she wasn't wrong. When he had met her, he was shocked and slightly appalled by the fact that Remus was hanging around a Slytherin from a strict pure-blood family. James Potter will never, though, forget the moment his first meeting with the girl. She went from a smile to pure agony. Guilt still tugged at his soul every time he thought of it.

"Life is so short, James. Why would I let a place that's supposed to define my personality start defining my life?" James continued to stare at her. "Maybe when I was younger I fit in the Slytherin house, but now, I just don't. And I'm okay with that, It shows that we can change, and grow up. I've had to grow much faster than most, but that's life and nobody lives the same life as me, I just have to get through everyday because the world won't stop for me."

James thought about those words. Really thought about them. Juliet Reed was, in his own words, a cosmic event. Something so rare you'd be lucky to see it in your lifetime. Something bright and bold and unbelievably beautiful. She stood out amongst her peers and even more so when you got to know her. She was imperfectly perfect. Embracing all of her flaws and using them to express herself. Juliet was real, human, and alive in all of the moments she lived in. Once you met her, you couldn't forget her. Juliet's soft voice would haunt you once she's gone and leave you with vast fields of longing to feel her soul kiss yours once more.

If you blinked, though, you would miss her, and spend the rest of your life regretting it. James Potter knew that, he knew that Juliet Reed showed up in their lives to teach them something so important.

To not blink, and miss the life in front of you.