Dream big, they say. | 007

"Dream big, they say

"Dream big, they say."
ᛡᛡᛡ

JULIET AND REMUS were in the Gryffindor commons room working on their Herbology homework. It had become quite the normal scene for the students to see the two together. Some Gryffindors were upset that the boys had allowed a Slytherin into their house freely, but got over it when the boys retaliated with a few words.

"Are you feeling okay, Jules? You look sick," Remus looked at Juliet with genuine concern. Juliet glanced up at Remus and shifted in her seat. She didn't know what to do. Juliet didn't want Remus to know she was dying, but it was starting to affect her physical appearance. Juliet was getting paler, she was always tired causing bags to form under her eyes, and she was looking thinner than she did in September.

Juliet sighed and stepped out of her chair. "Can we talk somewhere more... private?" Juliet's accent was thick. "Of course, yeah, do you want to go to the gardens?" Remus stood up and looked down at her. "That sounds nice," She smiled at him softly. Remus held his arm out for her to take and she hooked hers in his.

Some students whispered at stared as the two walked out arm-in-arm. "Are they together?" A third year whispered to their friends in confusion. "I don't think so, but they should be."

ᛡᛡᛡ

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you to Madam Pomfrey?" Remus asked her again as they stood in front of the Herbology garden. Juliet gave him a look and Remus sighed in response. Remus walked over and opened the greenhouse door. Juliet gave him a small smile and a quiet little 'thank you'.

Tension started growing as the two walked next to each other in silence. Remus was panicking. 'Does she know?' He kept thinking. He had to tell her, even if she already knew. Why else would she be acting like this around him. "I have something I want you to know." Juliet stopped abruptly and stared at him. "I... I think I know what it is," Remus looked down at his hands sadly.

Juliet was now starting to panic. 'Did they tell him?' Was the only thing she could think of. "Then we can tell each other at the same time, okay?" Juliet's voice was shaky. "Okay... One... Two... Three!"

"I'm dying."

"I'm a werewolf."

They both stared at each other in shock. Juliet couldn't believe she didn't realize it sooner but it all made sense now. Him getting sick once a month and staying in the hospital wing. Him being particularly agitated and moody on certain days during the month.

Remus felt like his world had just been shattered. Dying? He knew she was sick, but dying? He couldn't begin to imagine what she was going through. But why did she hide it from him? He couldn't figure it out. He was so captivated by this girl, she had him wrapped around her finger. He was starting to fall for her.

"Dying?" His voice cracked and his eyes started to become glossy. Juliet covered her mouth and felt tears starting to come to her eyes too. She nodded and looked away from him. "I'm so sorry, Remus, I should have told you sooner. I shouldn't have let you get so close to me, you don't deserve this," Juliet started apologizing as she cried. Remus had stray tears falling from his eyes.

He shook his head and put his hand on her cheek, making him look at her. "Don't you dare apologize for this, okay? We'll figure something out, wether it's magic or Muggle medicine, I'll get you help, Jules," Remus was trying desperately to reassure her. Juliet shook her head. "They've already looked, Remus. Madam Pomfrey, the doctors, Headmaster Dumbledore, they all looked. There isn't anything out there that can help me."

Remus stepped away from her and growled in frustration before hitting a potted plant, sending it flying and making Juliet flinch. "I refuse to believe that!" He yelled. "You're a werewolf?" Juliet asked him quietly, making him freeze and stare at her. "Yes," Remus replied at the same volume as her.

They both stood in silence, not really knowing what to say. Remus cared about her so much. Over the past four months, he really got close to quiet Slytherin. Narcissa and himself were the only two people who truly knew and understood her. Yeah, she had the other boys, but that was much different. And for Juliet, well, she was falling for Remus too.

Remus came into her life unexpectedly, and completely flipped it. He brought out this part of her that she hadn't seen since long before her brother died. This boy that she cared so deeply about was something her parents made her believe she should hate, but she don't hate Remus. She could never.

"I don't hate you, Remus." The silence was shattered to pieces by Juliet's soft voice. Remus's eyes widened slightly. "Remus, I don't have enough time left to hate anyone. And certainly not you. Remus, I-" Juliet was cut off when Remus took a few steps forewords towards her. His body was touching hers and he rested his forehead against hers, their noses brushing.

They stood like that for what felt like forever, just staring into each other's eyes. "Can I kiss you?" Remus whispered breathlessly. Juliet nodded lightly.

When Remus pressed his lips softly against hers she felt fire erupt from her mouth and spread across her entire body. She kissed him back and closed her eyes.

This was real. Completely and utterly real. Here she was, in the greenhouse, sick, dying, and kissing Remus Lupin. The boy she just found out was a werewolf. When the kiss ended they returned to their foreheads touching. They were both breathless.

"Jules, I'm going to find a way to save you. I have to," Remus told her strongly. "Just... Don't be disappointed when you can't," Juliet told him.

ᛡᛡᛡ

"Did you know?" Remus came flying into the boys shared dorm room. The three boys all looked up from their beds and looked incredibly confused. "You're going to have to be more specific, mate," Sirius said to him. "About Juliet! Did you know about her?" James and Sirius's eyes widened and they both shot up.

"How did you find out?" James asked Remus, shocked. "She told me, today. You two both knew that she's dying, and you kept that from me?" Remus said in disbelief and anger. "Wait, Juliet is dying?!" Peter stood up and looked at the others. "She begged us not to tell you, Moony. Do you really think that's just something we'd keep from you? Without any rhyme or reason?" James completely ignored Peter and explained to Remus.

"She feels the same why I feel, Prongs, do you understand that? She feels the same way I do, and now she's going to die." The three boys went silent and looked at Remus with sympathy. "We had a moment today, in the greenhouse, and before that I told her I'm a werewolf, because I thought she had figured it out. But I was wrong. And she still kissed me back."

Remus's started to cry again. It was all hitting him at once. "For the first time in my life, I can be freely in love with someone who doesn't care about what I am, and she won't be around for long. You kept that secret, and know I'm falling for her!" Remus cried out in frustration. "Would you have not started falling for her if you already knew?" Sirius spoke up, causing Remus to truly think about it.

"Juliet still fancies you, even though she knows your secret, would not do the same?" He continued to press. Remus slammed the chair that was next to him, causing it to fall over.

"No, I would fall regardless."