Chapter 22

The heat from the raging red and orange fire coarsed through my body as the flames surrounded the body of a man in front of me. The man starts to move his lips, but I do not hear the words that should be pouring from them. I then realize that the man is none other than my father, yelling and spewing insults and it is my flames that are hurting him. But suddenly his Bloodshot eyes turn to sharp crimson red ones, and his hair becomes spikey and ash blonde. I see the face of Katsuki staring back at me, screaming and crying in pain from the burns. But it is me who his causing the pain in his eyes, face and voice.

It is me.

It's my fault.

It is me and it's my fault.

All...

My.....

"FAULT!" I shoot up in bed, sweating and panting like crazy. Tears flowing down my face.

"y/n, baby, what the fuck happened?" I look beside me to see Katsuki and my body goes into full on panic mode.

"Why are you crying?" Katsuki was sitting up now and holding my face in his hands. "Was it a shitty nightmare?" I nod and he moves closer to me. His thumbs wipe away the tears but I can't stop them from rolling back down my cheeks.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He calmly asks in his rough voice and I nod my head.

"...I was burning someone that I think was my father... but then.... he turned into you, and I was putting my flames around you, an-and, all I could think about is how it was me who was hurting you-how it was my fault." He pulls my body close to him and hugs me tightly.

"It wasn't real and you're not responsible for something that didn't happen, okay?" All I can do in response is nod my head before falling back asleep to the sound of his heart beat.

~
~
~
~
~

I wake up to the feeling of sunshine on my face and the smell of waffles and bacon. I sit up and stretch, taking in the warmth of the morning. I slowly get up out of bed and walk towards the amazing smell that woke me up.

As I walk into the kitchen I see my beautiful ash blonde sitting down at the table with large plates of waffles and bacon laid out in front of him.

"Hey Bakuhoe." I smirk as I sit down.

"Morning, dipshit." He ruffles my hair from across the table.

"What's with the food? You trying you impress me or something?" I ask while resting my chin on my hand.

"Well no, I just thought since you had such a bad dream last night that I'd make you something." He looked down at his food.

"Oh fuck, the dream. I forgot about that. But thanks babe." I smiled at him from across the table.

"Whatever. At least you're fine now." He scoffed.

"You aren't going all tsundere on me now, are you?" I sarcastically asked.

"Tch, you wish." He smirked.

"Damn right." I giggled back and proceeded to consume the delicious food in front of me when a thought came to my mind.

"Kat?"

"What?"

"I was wondering, if and when we should tell people about this?" I held up my hand with the ring placed on it.

"Like, who are we talking about here?" He questioned.

"Um, damn I don't know, maybe like the closest friends we've ever had, that we also go to school with, and have saved our asses multiple times?" I sarcastically replied.