𝐒𝐢𝐱

April 18th, 1985

April 18th, 1985

I took a deep breath as I walked through the hallway of the school. It was eleven o'clock in the morning, and I was more than ready for a nap, but instead of heading to the teacher's lounge or the broom closet to take a load off I went towards my classroom in thought of the day before.

Yesterday wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it was enough for me to know that I absolutely didn't want Carol back in there for the rest of the year.

What would I do to keep that girl out of trouble was questioning. I would never go out of my way for someone. Usually I would tell them they deserved it but now I'm taking pity upon myself. I wished for her not to be in my detention room for the rest of the year.

Now, Billy on the other hand, I wish he would cooperate. I want the best for anyone in this world, but it's people like him who make me furious. It's the people who want to fail that weaken me. It hurts to know that a student doesn't want help when they desperately need it. It makes me think I'm not doing a good job, and it's even worse when others see it and think I'm a terrible teacher.

I shuddered when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I nearly spilled my cup of coffee in the process, but I was relieved when I notice that it didn't splatter on my creamy white top.

While I turned around my eyes met with a pair of blue ones.

"Billy!" I said, a bit perplexed to see him coming near me. "Didn't expect to see you here." I admitted.

He leaned against the white painted walls in his powder blue shirt. We were simply a few inches away from each other but I didn't mind it since I could see every beauty mark and follicle on his skin.

I didn't show him any other emotion except for confusion. I never expected him to be near me since I teach in the freshmen section of the high school and he was a senior.

"Well," He paused for a split second. "I wanted to apologize for yesterday." He said, shamefully.

He bowed his head so he would have to avoid making eye contact with me, but I kept my green ones on his. Of course he had to manage his male bravado how he did the day before. Such a poor kid that he has to take the time to have more than a few brain cells to exceed in life.

"Billy," I said while grasping my coffee mug with both of my hands. "If you don't wanna graduate then it's a choice for you, but if I may put my two sense in this then I think we should work together so you can."

He finally looked at me with his blue gaze. I nearly dropped my cup of coffee when he eventually made an effort to look at me. He opened his mouth to speak but I was faster than him.