𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

My eyebrows arched high and a hint of anger was evident in my emotion and words

My eyebrows arched high and a hint of anger was evident in my emotion and words. "Excuse me!"

What did I ever do to him to get this kind of disrespect?

The audacity of this boy to insult me was over the top. How dare he tell me screw you! I didn't do anything to make him not like me! Well, other than the fact that I told him we were done the day before. But still, he can't be furious towards me when he was civil after our awkward, but formal agreement.

I was still completely outraged with his words. The more he talked about it only made my face twist with annoyance.

"You've ruined me. Everything that's happening as of right now is your damn fault." He argued but I had my own defenses.

"Billy, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you brought this all on yourself. You missed days which led to your failing grades and academic probation. You were the one who screwed up your chances, not me. So don't you dare say I'm at fault for your doings."

His expression didn't change. He was still tense and angry. It made my heart race just to look at him. Fear stilled me as my bravery dumbed down.

His voice seemed more calming after I argued with him.
"But you are. You're the reason why I was failing in all my classes."

"How?" I tried to sound more intimidating than he was, but I grew confused in the midst of it. How was I the problem when we never met before last week?

I waited for him to go on, trying not to reveal that my pulse had begun to race.

"During basketball season we were playing a game. It was senior night and we were in the last half. I was on the court with my team close to the basketball net and was about to make a shot until I noticed the door open."

He took a step closer to me, almost to where I could smell his cologne on the exposed part of his chest.

"You came in the gym, looking as gorgeous as you do on any day. I was so hooked I lost the ball to the opposing team, but after we won the game I saw you standing by yourself. I wanted to approach you but I couldn't when I saw Steve getting there before I did. I didn't know you were his sister at the time so I assumed you and him were an item and left you be."

I cringed briefly when he mention his thought about me and Steve.
I'd rather gag myself with a spoon.

"Even after that night I kept thinking about it. I thought about you so much I started seeing you in reality; you got a job here as a teacher. After seeing you in the halls for five days straight I started ditching school just so I could avoid you, but even that was impossible."