𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

April 20th, 1985

April 20th, 1985.

I thought of today as the word risky. Of course everything about mine and Billy's blossoming relationship was that way, but nothing was worse than the moment you almost get caught.

It was after school on a Friday when Billy and I were alone in the detention room. We had only been in there for the first five minutes only to find out that it was just me and him for the afternoon again.

The door was shut and it was completely silent when I heard him standing behind me. I felt his arms reach around my waist to pull me close, so my rear was touching the front of his crotch.

"Don't you ever get tired of coming here every day?" He asked me.

I shrugged and leaned my head back against his shoulders. "It's only been a week and I'm in here until your finals are over."

"That might not be long." He informed.

"What?" I questioned. "I thought finals were in two weeks."

"Not for me." Billy bragged. "Principal asshole noticed my grades improving and he's giving me a chance to finish my final early."

"Far out!" I said, excited for him since he's doing so much better, but another part of me with let down because of what would happen when the testing date was nearing. I would have to stop tutoring Billy.

He put his lips against the roots of my hair and hummed. "I'm getting a summer job too."

I huffed a breathy laugh. "Please tell me you're not working with Steve at Scoop's Ahoy."

He chuckled against my scalp. "No," He said. "I'm working as a lifeguard at Hawkins pool. It's very unexpected since I've never had a job before."

"Why at Hawkins pool?" I asked, genuinely interested in his choice.

He shrugged. "The pays good. I can save money to go back home to California in no time."

I sighed in thought of the warm sun and the gritty feeling of sand in between my toes. I wish I could go to California with him so I could be away from Hawkins.

"You really miss California, huh?" I asked.

"I don't miss it. I crave it." He rested his chin on my head. "I watched a shit ton of concerts and I could get away with anything. Being here is just ridiculous."

I hummed in agreement but I didn't say anymore which made Billy go on.

"But no. At Hawkins pool I can order people around, I get a workout in, and I get to stare at every hot milf who comes into that place."