𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

My heart sank at the mention of them coming back to the home when Billy and I were supposed to be at school still

My heart sank at the mention of them coming back to the home when Billy and I were supposed to be at school still. What will they say about his teacher being home alone with him?

I also felt my face becoming just as flushed as Billy's while he paced around to grab his textbooks from the coffee table.

"Shit," He cursed.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

"I don't know what to do." He replied.

"Haven't you snuck a girl in and out of here before?" I snapped in a whisper as I sensed the rest of the Hargrove family getting closer.

"I have but I thought they wouldn't be back 'til later." He expelled a breath of frustration and tossed one of his textbooks on the cushion next to me while the other was presented in front of my eyes.

"Act like you're quizzing me." He pleaded.

He cautiously looked in between me and the front door with the English textbook in his grasp.

With slight thought I reached out to take his book. After grabbing it I flipped to a random page as the door could be hear opening.

"Dad," Billy stared in aghast.

By the look on his face it appeared like he was about to piss himself in fear. I didn't want to make the situation worse by coaxing him to act nonchalant, so I did the only thing I could resort to. I turned around and face Billy's family, who just appeared through the door.

The second a man, who I assumed was Billy's father, opened his mouth with his stare bewildered at him I could hear the perplexed tone in his questions to come forth.

"Billy?" I heard a deep voice boom through the silence. "What're you doin' home? Aren't you suppose to be in detention?"

Billy stammered and looked to me for help. I wanted to hesitate but I couldn't when I stood up and said the first thing that popped into my head.

"Hello, Mister Hargrove." I greeted and shut the textbook to see a man with dark hair and a thick, dark mustache staring back at me along with a lady and a little girl both sporting fiery red hair.

I laid the textbook next to the other one and took a few footsteps to approach him. "My name's Miss Harrington. I've been tutoring your son for the past few days."

I offered my hand to Billy's father who stared at it then back to my face that showed a friendly but force smile.
However, he nodded. "Has his grades been improving any since he's been on academic probation?" He said then sent his son a glare.