✞ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣: 𝔻𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕒 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕠𝕣 𝕄𝕚𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕖✞

--- *** ---

--- A Couple of Days Later ---

--- 1st of January, 1965 ---

Shortly after Mary Eunice's recovery from the severe pangs, knotting her bones and muscles along with her thoughts during and post-exorcism, she was conveyed to a different institution somewhere in Boston. Institution, reinstituted by the Mother Superior and determining her inability to run a facility for the criminally insane with authority and an iron fist like the former administrator of Briarcliff.

Whose clerical possessions were stripped from her and the unexpected ending destined her to spend the rest of her days behind the dull walls of the notorious madhouse.

Further, the former holy woman hasn't acknowledged her ex-protégé's abolishment from Briarcliff and her transfer to another institution with fewer responsibilities encumbering her daily schedule. Nobody has informed her yet. Perhaps it was for her good. Or perhaps, despair could bandage her heart with numbness and melancholy for being for years together and now her transfer wouldn't be a warm welcome at all.

During the weekdays, the ambitious Monsignor paid a visit to special places where his appearance was necessary in the daylight episode of the days, whilst returning to a madhouse in the wee hours of the night and supervising his former right-hand in her ward.

Once Sister Mary Eunice was no longer a head nun of Briarcliff, the crucial task was to find a replacement for the young nun, whose replacement was actually Sister Bernadette. Sister Bernadette and Timothy's visions and worldviews brightly contrasted due to their huge age gap, in fact, the newly chosen head holy woman of the mental institution was somewhere in her sixties even a couple of years Jude's senior. Furthermore, they shared different visions and Bernadette was far from a better leader than her progenitors.

Sometimes she and the aspiring holy priest had obnoxious, mutual disagreements that were the crucial reasons why some of her decisions weren't providing the best supplies, medicaments and aid for the patients even for the staff.