Chapter 1

Beyoncé: You ladies did great. Remember, we have our final try-out tomorrow in the gym at 6pm. Arrive late and you're cut. You all are dismissed.

Everyone leaves besides Kelly. Kelly is my best friend/sister. We've been knowing each other since we were 10. We just got out of dance practice. We are Morehouse Mahogany-N-Motion marching band dancers. Although I'm only a sophomore I'm the dance captain. I've been dancing ever since I was 5 and I love it.

Kelly: That dance routine is so fire! I can't wait until the first football game. We gone be turnt.

Beyoncé: Damn right. And the new uniforms came in today. So fly!

In the middle of our conversation my phone began to ring.

Beyoncé: Hey daddy!

Mathew: Hey sweetheart. What are you up to?

Beyoncé: Kelly and I just left dance practice and we're on our way to get food.

Mathew: Alright, Dr. Carter should be contacting you momentarily. I would like for you two to get acquainted before you start shadowing. Ask as many questions as you'd like and remember that this is an amazing opportunity for you.

Beyoncé: Ummm ok dad. I'll talk to you later. And thanks again.

Mathew: Anything for my baby girl.

With that being said we hung up the phone. I must admit that I'm pretty spoiled. But I believe that I deserve everything that my dad gives me.

Since I ended my freshman year of college with straight A's he bought me a black on black 2012 Premium Mustang GT. And he also got me a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom condo off campus. Kelly and I live there together. He provided me with a credit card without a spending limit so I'm always shopping. And although I'm very privileged but I'm also humble and I take nothing for granted. My dad feels that he should take care of me up until I graduate medical school and the only thing that I should be doing is maintaining good grades and getting involved on campus.

My thoughts were interrupted by another phone call from an unknown number.

Beyoncé: Uhhh hello?

Man: Hello Beyoncé, this is Dr. Carter. I know your father wanted us to get acquainted before you started shadowing so I wanted to see if you were free for dinner tonight?

Beyoncé: I'm sorry. I'm actually at Qdoba right now getting food with a friend. Maybe we can try again tomorrow?

Dr. Carter: I'm a very busy man Beyoncé and tomorrow will not work. What are you doing after that?

Beyoncé: I planned on heading to the gym but-

Dr. Carter: The gym is fine. We can meet there. Maybe around 9pm?

Beyoncé: Are you sure that won't be a little awkward?

Dr. Carter: Ms. Knowles it'll be fine. Just text the address and be on time.

Beyoncé: Ok. Whatever.

I just hung up the phone. He seems like an ass hole and I don't have time for it.

Kelly: Who was that?

Beyoncé: Dr. Carter, my dad's friend.

Kelly: And what did he want?

Beyoncé: My dad wants us to be acquainted so he's meeting me at the gym tonight.

Kelly: That's kinda weird, but ok.

Beyoncé: Yeah, that's what I thought but whatever.

Once Kelly and I got back to our place I decided to take a shower and put on my gym clothes. I know that I'm just going to workout and get sweaty again but I had dance practice earlier and didn't feel comfortable just putting on new gym clothes. I put on black Nike 3in compression shorts, a black Nike sports bra, neon Nike hoodie, and black Nike Roshe runs. I put my long blonde hair in two French braids. I sent Dr. Carter a text message to let him know that I was on my way and I headed to the gym.