Chapter 15

How did I wake up this morning? Flawless. Well, not only that but the situation with Carter had my mind spinning. Yes, we've made up, and yes, I'm happy that he's playing an active role in Chey's life but what happened last night was unacceptable.

I promised myself that I would never put myself in a predicament like that again. Carter loves to have his cake and eat it too (I don't really get this phrase. I mean isn't that what you're supposed to do? Eat the cake Anna Mae!)

I don't know if he has infidelity issues or am I just his weakness. It seems like he's Mr. Faithful until I come around. I just need to put my foot down and draw the line. I'll do that later but right now I have to get up for work.

I pulled out a cute matching lace underwear and bra set and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. I washed my hair and everything else and got out. I didn't really have much time to do my hair so the naturally curly look will do today. After blow drying my hair and handling business in the bathroom I went to put on my clothes (photo attached, I really like this outfit and Beyoncé actually has that skirt. SLAY!)

I grabbed my phone and it was only 8:06am so I had enough time to grab breakfast before heading to work. I stopped at McDonalds and got a bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddle (add bacon) and a orange juice.

Blake and Blair were working with me today so I was excited about that. We always have fun when we're together.

Once I finished my food I headed inside. It was only 9am and the store didn't open until 10am. That's also the time that Blake and Blair came in. So for the next hour I was getting the store prepared for the busy day ahead.

It was around 12pm and Blake, Blair, and I have just been running our mouths all morning. Since I was store manager, I just had all the other workers take care of the store while we pretty much goofed off. I mean it looked like we were getting things done but we really weren't. I told them about Chey's father being back in the picture and they insisted on meeting him. Maybe one day. But overall they're happy that he's around.

I was hanging up a few items when I seen Samantha walk in with some other woman. I seen her but she didn't see me. I decided not to say anything and continue working.

About 15 minutes later she walked up and greeted me.

Samantha: Hey, Beyoncé I didn't know that you worked here.

Beyoncé: Yeah, I'm store manager for the summer. Since classes are out I decided to pick up a few extra hours.

Samantha: I wish I would've known sooner, I love this store. You're gonna have to hook me up with a discount.

Beyoncé: *chuckles* Of course.

Samantha: Oh, and by the way this is my younger sister Alison. Alison this is Beyoncé.

Beyoncé: Nice to meet you Alison.

We shook hands and she gave me a warm smile.

Samantha: Well we're going to get our shop on before I have to meet up with Shawn. Nice seeing you.

Beyoncé: Nice seeing you too honey. Let me know if you need help finding anything.

With that being said she walked away and started looking through the racks of clothing. She didn't get away far enough because I overheard the conversation that she was having with her sister even though they were whispering. I don't have these big ass dumbo ears for nothing.

*whispering*

Alison: So that's Shawn's baby mama?

Samantha: Yeah, that's her.