Chapter 17

It's been a few months since my incident at the zoo with Samantha. Carter wasn't really mad at me for what I said to her because he knows how I get when I'm mad. I'm not to be provoked. EVER.

He's been distant ever since that night he came to get Chey and I was about to have sex with Bentley. He only texts me when he's coming to get her and when I try to talk to him he gives me one word answers. I honestly don't know why he's mad because it's not like Bentley is some random ass nigga. He's been around longer than Carter's been around and so what if we were fucking. Chey was sleep, it's my house, and I'm a grown ass woman. I think that he's mad because it wasn't him.

Bentley and I have been going steady. He's fun and the sex is good but the love isn't there. I almost feel like we're friends with benefits, but I'm going to keep him around. He makes me happy.

Shawn and Samantha made up somehow and it's not really any of my business and I don't even care. They moved into their house a couple months ago and Chey loves it over there. Her room is princess themed of course and she's still spoiled as ever.

Samantha has kept her distance and hasn't given me a reason to beat her ass. Lucky for her because I was two seconds from tapping that ass. I don't play that slick shit and even Carter tried to save her dumb ass.

Next week is Chey's birthday. Carter is planning her this huge party. I don't know that many people in NY but since this is where he's from he's inviting all of his family. Now Cheyenne will get to meet her dad's side of the family, which is exciting. I heard that she has plenty of cousins around her age. My baby needs friends. I also found a private school for her to attend. She starts in 3 weeks and she's happy about that.

Carter had just dropped Chey off back home about an hour ago. She spent the weekend with him. They had just came from the park so I was about to give her a bath. I ran her bath water and added bubbles. I also grabbed a few of her favorite toys and put them in, she loves that. I took all of her clothes off of her and as I was placing her in the tub I seen a red hand print like bruise on her back. I immediately went into panic mode.

Beyoncé: Cheyenne what happened to your back?

I touched it and she flinched.

Cheyenne: Ouch mommy?!

Beyoncé: What happened?

Cheyenne: I got in trouble?

Beyoncé: By who?

Cheyenne: Samantha.

As soon as she said that I was seeing red. My face was hot and I was shaking with anger.

Beyoncé: What did you do?

Cheyenne: I spilled juice on the carpet. I said sowwie.

That was it. The bitch is about to die.

I grabbed my phone and took a picture of the bruise on Chey's back. After that I dialed Blake's number, Blair had to work today.

*phone conversation*

Blake: Hello?

Beyoncé: Are you at home?

Blake: Yeah, what's going on?

Beyoncé: I need you to come watch Cheyenne for a few hours. I'll explain when you get here.

Blake: Ok. Be over in 5.

I hung up the phone and I started shaking again. I can't believe that this bitch put her hands on my baby over some fucking spilled juice. She's two years old! She's lost her got damn mind. I decided to give Carter a quick call as well.