Chapter 1: The Day That It All Happened

Scene 1

Daytime

The Library

"Hmm, where is it?"

Within the local library, Hilda seemed to be having a bit of a problem as she had been spending nearly ten minutes looking for something while being unaware that she was throwing books onto the ground.

Her friends were with her on this fine day. David was mostly sitting at a table next to an unopened book while Frida was simply looking at Hilda's struggles as she was unsure as to what was going on.

"Hilda, what exactly are you looking for because you've been doing this for ten minutes and you do realize that you're leaving a mess right?"

"Sorry about that Frida but I'm just having trouble looking for a specific book." her friend responded before throwing another book onto the ground.

Frida, placing the tossed book onto David's table wasn't sure as to what her friend had meant when mentioning a specific book.

"What kind of book are we talking exactly. One for Sparrow Scouts? Trolls? The History of Trolberg?" She questioned.

"Not exactly," Hilda replied before climbing off the ladder she was using before continuing. "Recently I heard of a rumor."

This caught Frida's attention as she haven't seemed to heard of anything going about throughout town.

"Hold on, what kind of rumor are you referring to here?" she asked

A flashback soon begins as it shows Hilda walking throughout town, simply minding her own business. That was until she heard two men discussing about something.

*Earlier today, I heard two men talking as I was heading towards here. What managed to catch my attention was that one of them heard a rumor about a mirror that's located in the library and that this mirror could somehow, open a portal to somewhere else depending on the type of spell that a person would perform should they happen to find this mirror. The man's friend didn't exactly believe this, but I did.*

The flashback then ends as Hilda takes a short breath of air before finishing her sentence with: "And that's why I'm looking for a spell book that could help me find this mirror and see if that rumor is actually true."

"You think we should ask the Librarian about it?" David suggested right before the Librarian showed up.

"You're not going to find a book about that out here. And please clean up that mess before you go." The Librarian said before leaving the scene.

"Oh, that's right. The Hidden Room. I forgot for a moment." Hilda remembered. "C'mon."

"Hidden Room?" David inquired.

"I'll show you. Follow me." Hilda responded as she went offscreen.

Frida and David had finished stacking the books in an orderly pile and began following Hilda.

Twig began following as well, but something got his attention. Twig noticed something near the Librarian's desk. It had a tarp over it.

He got close for a moment, but then suddenly began growling.

The Library - Hidden Room

"I never knew that this room existed." David mentioned.

"It's where I found that spell book. Surely the book we're looking for is here." Hilda pointed out.

"Now... how are we gonna find this book?" David asked.

"Let's divide and conquer. I'll take the middle. Frida, you take the left. And David, you take the right." Hilda suggested.