Chapter 2: The Unexpected Encounter

Evert (Verb): Where reversion is the act of turning something backwards, and inversion is the act of turning something upside down, eversion is the act of turning something inside out.

At this point, Hilda and co. have yet to figure out what exactly is being turned inside out.

Chapter 2

The Unexpected Encounter

Scene 1

The Library

12:01 AM

The boy quickly gets back up, grabs Leaf, and tries to go back through the mirror. But it doesn't work. "GUYS!" The boy screamed.

"Hilbert!!" The other voices receded quickly. Then the mirror reverted to its powerless state. The boy was horrified.

"How will I get back now?" He muttered before turning around, noticing the group in front of him. His jaw dropped. "What... is going on here?"

"That's your Deerfox, right?" Hilda asked.

"Why, of course it is. Why- ... Why do you look so much like me?" the boy answered.

"I'd be wondering the same thing about you."

Hilda was simply sure what to think about the current situation. She eventually decided to give this person some questions in order for to figure out what she and her friends would do.

"So, what's your name?" she asked.

"It's Hilbert." He responded. The group looked at each other, exchanging looks.

"You say your from Trolberg right?" she continued

"Indeed I am." Hilbert answered. "Could you tell me what's going on here? Am I in some kind of alternate dimension?"

"Well, simply put, yes. Yes you are." Frida explained. "Basically, the world you came from is a duplicate of this one, but with many differences."

The two began to walk around, looking at each other's movements, performing the same move, expression, and action at the exact same time. All before ending things off with a handshake meaning that both were alright with what was going on.

"Do either of you find this weird or is it only just me?" David questioned

"We sorta do actually." Both Hilda and Hilbert responded. They looked at each other, but Hilbert looked more surprised than Hilda.

"So, uh... how am I going to get back to my own world?" Hilbert asked.

"Well, according to this, the portal can be opened once midnight strikes over on your side." Frida explained. "But there's no way of knowing if your friends will know this unless we inform them because I'm pretty sure they're worried about you."

"So wait... it was midday when before I got dragged here. Does that mean that our dimensions are 12 hours apart?" Hilbert clarified.

"Indeed." Frida concluded.

"Well, once that happens, I assume you're going to explain this to them. But could I ask my look alike here something." Hilbert concluded.

"Oh sure, also my name's Hilda." Hilda introduced herself. Hilbert looked to Leaf for a moment.

"Would me and Leaf be able to get back to our world by simply going back through the mirror?" Hilbert questioned with concern.

"That's something she can't exactly answer. Appendix C in this book here probably has a way for you to get back but the page for it isn't in there." Alfur stated.