Chapter 3: The Everse World

Scene 1

Midnight

[E] The Library

"Hilda. Wake up." Hilbert called out. But his voice sounded muffled.

Twig began licking Hilda's face, causing her to regain her composure faster. Once woken up, Hilbert pulled her to her feet.

"...W-where are we?" Hilda asked.

"We're in the library, except it's the library of my world." Hilbert explained.

Looking around, things at first glance seemed to look rather the same. However, a staircase that Hilda usually took was at the opposite side of the room.

She also took notice of the outside lighting. The streetlamps' lights were much more orange, and the moonlight was also a bit warmer colored than she was accustomed to.

"I have to say, things feel...rather different." Hilda stated

"Well, of course it would. But... there's a strange unfamiliar feeling I'm gathering. Something's not right..." Hilbert said.

Hilda took notice of the people who opened the portal. They looked somewhat like David and Frida, but different, like Hilbert.

"Hilda, this is Dana, and Freddie." Hilbert introduced. "Dana and Freddie, Hilda."

"Hello there." said Dana

Hilda shook their hands with an uneasy face.

"Oh- Dana. Bug on you." Hilbert pointed before grabbing the little creature off of his friend's head.

"Heh, thanks for that. Say, how exactly do our opposites act?" she added.

"Perhaps we could meet them?" asked Freddie.

"Maybe." Hilda answered.

Hilbert was suddenly distracted by something.

"The moonlight is a bit more orange than usual..." He remarked. "I don't like this at all."

"I get the feeling we're on more of a clock than we thought..." Hilda muttered.

"Where'd you find the book in your world?" Hilbert asked Hilda.

"Which book?" Dana asked.

"The book that explains all this. I'm certain there's a duplicate of it in this world." Hilbert explained.

"It should be in the Nowhere Space near the hidden room." Hilda explained. "The Librarian should be able to find it easily."

"Well, that's just great... I don't think Tontu is awake at this hour..." Hilbert admitted. "I suppose I should return the favor and let you stay at my place."

"I guess we'll go home too." Freddie replied.

"Stay safe, guys." Hilbert cautioned.

[E] The Library - Outside

12:15 AM

After Hilda and Hilbert went down the stairs, Hilda turned the wrong direction.

"Hilda." Hilbert scoffed.

"Sorry... force of habit..." Hilda admitted and began following Hilbert in the correct direction.

[E] Hilbert's House

12:38 AM

Hilda followed Hilbert up the stairs, still seeming turned around. Twig also seemed perplexed. When they opened the door, Hilda found that the entryway was to their left instead of right. From there, the kitchen too was to the left, and the sofa was to their right.